Memory Chapter 2: 7 days before the incident

Start from the beginning

Kenny: yeah , I saw the construction. Why does it rub you the wrong way though?

Lee looks at Kenny and shrugs.

Lee: don't know really , i just feel like...I'm always in danger whenever i walk past that place.

(A;N in this story , Savannah will be slightly closer to Macon than in The Walking Dead game)

Kenny: then I'd best keep an eye out then huh?

Kenny chuckles (A;N oh Kenny , you're lucky you won't damage your eye this time)

Kenny: look kid , I know you're not having the best week , but don't let life drag you down. Stay strong and persevere , even though I don't know your mother I'm sure she would've wanted you to do just that. Live a good life , because in the end you only get one.

Lee gives Kenny a warm smile.

Lee: thanks Uncle Ken.

Kenny returns the smile.

Kenny: don't mention it kid (damn that was a good speech!)

...

Silence filled the ocean air for a moment until it was broken by the sound of a reel.

Kenny quickly gets up and grabs a hold of the fishing rod and starts reeling in the catch , but was having some trouble.

Kenny: whoa , sweet mama! We got a big one , we got a very big one! Mind giving me a hand Lee!

Lee: (*nods*) sure thing!

Lee runs over to Kenny and helps him with reeling in whatever they caught. Though whatever took the bait would not budge , it was relentless.

Kenny: if this keeps up the lines gonna break! We have to do something and fast!

Lee: it's no use I'm gonna have to do this manually!

Kenny: what do you mean by that!

Thinking quickly Lee grabs hold of the boats winch hook. Kenny looks at him questioningly.

Kenny: what's you plan kid!? This line isn't gonna last long so think fast!

Lee: I need you to trust me on this one. When I give the signal , turn the winch on to reel it in , it's gonna take a heck of a lot more than a fishing line!

Kenny: ...OK , let's do it!

Lee nods and proceeds to jump overboard and swims towards whatever they caught. It struggled under the water so Lee couldn't see what it was.
Wasting no time he started to wrestle the the fish as it kept twisting and turning , trying to swim away.
With one mighty strike Lee forces the hook straight into the gills of this fish.

Lee: (thank God I'm wearing gloves this time!)

He then swims back up to the boat.

Lee: KENNY NOW!!

Kenny nods as he got the signal and switches on the winch.

Kenny: pulling it now , man this fella is hecka stubborn! I just gotta keep pulling , I need a bit of help here Lee!!

Lee who had climbed onto the boat started to help Kenny pull.

Lee/Kenny: HEAVE HOOOOO!!!!

With one final pull and heave the fish sprang out of the water , flopping around in mid-air and was about to land on deck on the exact spot Kenny was standing under.