Chapter Thirteen.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Hey, JJ?" John B calls.

"Yup?"

"Ten seconds easy. Right, south-southeast," He instructs.

"Copy that!" JJ does as he's told, the waves getting stronger.

"JJ, twenty second, mid-speed, alright? Mid-south," John B persists.

"Copy that, aye, aye!" JJ does exactly that as the boat turns slightly, moving effortlessly even though the waves getting strong. The weather was starting to turn bad, as the waves rocked the boat and the tide would make the tether push around a lot if not handles properly.

"Keep the tether out of the prop," John B looks at Kie and me, while w tried to hold it in our grip properly.

"We're trying!" Kie shouts over the thunder and howling wind.

"JJ, keep going!"

"John B is that good?" JJ yells

"We're good. We're good," he confirms.

"700 feet," I shouted as droplets of water started to pour down from the sky above, the thunder rumbling and clasping hard.

The boat was rocking hard as I almost slipped while trying to keep the hair out of my face, the grip on the tether loosening as Kie grabs me, balancing me and preventing me from falling. I grabbed the tether again, properly as we both struggle to keep safe.

"JJ, hold it steady!" John B shouts.

"Okay, we're at 900 feet!" Kie yells over the chaos of the wind. 

"JJ, we're gonna turtle in this storm, man!" John B says as the bpoopat rocks violently while try to keep focus on our tasks.

"920 feet!" I informed, Kie and I still lowering the tether, trying to keep our grip on it tight.

"Crank it north by Northwest! Ten seconds!"

The waves hit the side of the boat, the water splashing Kie and I as we struggle to keep the hold on the tether. One huge wave rocks the boat and I hit my side on the edge of the boat, gasping as I feel the impact on my ribs.

"John B, there's too much current!" I worry as I look down at the water, while rubbing m side with one hand.

"Yeah, we're gonna lose it," Kie adds.

"South, southwest JJ, hard!" John ignores what Kie and I said as he instructs JJ at the wheel. "Half-speed! Steady at this bearing, JJ!" he then turns to Pope. "What do you see, Pope? We should be right above it,"

"Nothin'. A whole lot of nothing'" Pope replies.

"C'mon, we are right above it, brother!" John B insists.

"Rory, Kiara!" Pope calls to us, as we keep informing the feet that we reach with the tether.

"960, 970...980," Kie counts as I noticed the end was nearing of the tether.