Part 1 : The longingness

Start from the beginning

"Tumhe thank you kehne ki jaroorat nhi hai. Ghar mera ya tumhara nhi, humara hai. Jao fresh ho jao and come down to eat in some time. I'll prepare something."

Arnav walked away saying that. Ayaansh looked at his retreating figure. He could hear the sincerity in Arnav's voice but he wasn't ready to accept it yet.

Arnav came out of the kitchen and placed the food on dining table. He looked at the watch. It was almost evening. His brothers must be hungry. None of them had eaten anything. Arnav was about to call out to them when he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his head. He sat down on the nearby chair. He hadn't had a wink of sleep in last three days. That must have taken a toll on him. He was about to get up when someone gave him a glass of water.

Arnav looked up to see Ayaansh looking at him worriedly.

"Aap theek ho?"

Arnav nodded and took the glass from him. "Thank you."

"Aap sach me thik ho?"

Arnav looked up. He could see the concern in boy's eyes. And it almost seemed familiar to Aryan's eyes to Arnav. The thought only made Arnav more restless than he already was.

"Mr. Singhania, aap—"

"Mai thik hoon, Ayaansh. I'm alright." Arnav squeezed Ayaansh's hand gently in assurance. Ayaansh relaxed.

Aryan came down rubbing his eyes in sleep and made a beeline for Arnav.

Ayaansh stepped back.

Arnav smiled as Aryan settled on his lap like a five year old and buried his face into his chest.

"Neend puri ho gyi, bacha?" Arnav caressed his face.

Aryan nodded his head against his Bhaiya's chest.

Aniket came down and looked at the dining table. As usual his brother had made different dishes for both of them. He looked at Arnav who looked exhausted. But the love on Arnav's face could take away their exhaustion any day.

"Aapko banane ki kya zaroorat thi, Bhaiya? Staffs se banwa dete."

Ayaansh also looked at Arnav for answer. He was also wondering the same. The mansion had more staffs than whole lot of people back in his hometown he felt. Arnav Singhania didn't need to exhaust himself  in the kitchen.

"Arre staffs ko khana banana thodi aata hai, Bhaiyu. Wo toh ekdam aapki shakal jaisa kuch banake rakh dete hai." Aryan answered before Arnav could.

"Tu phir bola!" Aniket glared at him but it was wasted as Aryan was busy snuggling to Arnav.

Ayaansh couldn't hold back his chuckle.

All three brothers looked up at him. They had almost forgotten Ayaansh was there. They were not used to having a forth person around.

Ayaansh averted his eyes awkwardly.

Aryan excitedly got up from Arnav's lap and hugged Ayaansh.

Ayaansh was taken aback. So were Aniket and Arnav.

"Finally you smiled, Bhai. I'm very happy you're here. I've someone to play with." Aryan said and without waiting for a reply dragged Ayaansh to the chair and made him sit.

Aniket and Arnav looked at each other. Arnav was pleasantly surprised. He wasn't expecting Aryan to accept Ayaansh so heartily.

The boy had not once asked Arnav who Ayaansh was or what relationship they shared with him. For him all that mattered was his Bhaiya brought someone home and now he was a part of their family. He had been raised with abundance of love to not be able to spread it to others.