Deep Freeze

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #82 - Deep Freeze

A large, powerful robot breaks into Mr. Freeze's cell at Arkham Asylum at around 7 AM. Freeze shouts for the guards, but the robot picks him up and places him inside a compartment in its chest, then leaves as easily as it came. Megan sees this from a far as she hacks right into the security cameras to show this to Bruce/Batman and Dick/Robin right away.

"(A robot with the power like Mr. Freeze is kidnapping him...?)" she was lost. "(What's going on here?)" Megan then calls up Bruce from her belt. "Yo, Bruce, it's me. I'm sending you something to your Bat-Computer, you may want to check it out. I'll meet with you back the Batcave."

Reviewing the security tape from Freeze's cell back in the Batcave for Megan and Gidget's help to show the footage. For them, Robin, Alfred, and Batman were seeing all this happening.

"You got to give Mr. Freeze some credit, this is the easiest escape plan ever." said Robin.

Batman believes that Freeze's fear was authentic and someone else is behind his escape.

"Yes, but I don't think he was behind it."

He may be right for Gidget found something on the robot to tell Megan about it, she uses her computer book and has a look at it carefully...

"Gidget?" she sees something. "Wait, you're right. This machine does look familiar as you say. For one thing, Mr. Freeze was afraid to be kidnapped. You see it, Bruce?"

"I do, Megan." he said back. "That's not a fake acting for someone who's sad and cold."

"Guess we'll have to see someone who's good with robots then."

With Robin saying this for them and Gidget headed out for Alfred asks them this question...

"But who would it be?" ask Alfred.

Megan had someone to ask about the machine from someone a while back, remember?

"None other than Karl Rossum. He might know about this type of robot."

For Gidget scans the machine use to kidnap Mr. Freeze, for Megan, Gidget, Batman, and Robin go to consult robotics expert Karl Rossum, who has now retired and gotten into a hobby of making animatronic toys. Just like a little one name Bat-Mite.

"Greetings, Dynamic Duo! I'm your biggest fan!" it kisses Robin to then hugging Megan too and then overloads.

"What is it?" confused Robin.

"I just want to help!" it overloads to falling down. "--just want to help--just want to help--"

Nice toy there...For Karl was a well toy maker now to be friends with and help, no more robot business.

"Poor little guy...Don't worry, Batman. Megan. I see Gidget's doing well with you still, good to know."

"Cute toy." said Batman.

So many toys that Rossum made.

"All I do is make toys now to keep my company, no more robots for me." Karl said.

"Like tiny here?"

Once Robin shows Rossum a picture of the robot that took Mr. Freeze, he knew what it was from someone else's doing.

"Well now, if isn't old M9." said Karl.

"M9...?" Megan was confused to try looking it up. "From what Gidget can gather, it's some type of ice machine robot to cool people off or make ice for food or drinks. I never thought it would be used as a weapon."