Riddler's Reform

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #77 - Riddler's Reform

The Riddler has been released from Arkham Asylum on parole and it seems he's already up to his old tricks as he has a couple of thugs bring out a box marked with a question mark from a van.

"Bring it out, boys."

Batman, Megan, and Robin are instantly upon him and demand to know what's in the box.

"Hey, Riddler, been a while." said Megan with her gun out. "Now, all three of you guys put your hands where I can see them."

The three stop Riddler's two henchmen for a beat down. As Riddler just sits around watching to see his enemy Batman again along with Robin and his crush on Megan.

"Well, well, well, look who's here? Hi, Megan." Riddler said to still be a creep to her.

"Can it, freak! (After almost trapping me in your computer game, he knows I would never fall for him!)"

Batman stood next to Megan's side to defend her.

"Up to your old tricks again I see." he said. "Is that true, Nygma?"

"Oh, Batman...Whatever do you mean?" Riddler questions the Dark Knight.

Don't play dumb, Riddler...The strange boxes are one clue.

"The last time we seen these boxes almost killed Megan." said Robin to showing proof.

Well, that weirdo didn't think so.

"What's your point?" the enemy ask the two guys.

"What's in the box?" Batman demanded to know.

"None of your business."

For Riddler to say such harsh words, anything for Batman to get involved with Robin and Megan's help is their biggest business for sure.

"I make it my business...!" said Batman to grab hold of Riddler.

However, Charles Baxter, president of Wacko Toys arrives and demands to know what's going on.

"Stop!" he stops the three. "What are you two doing here? Megan, you're okay. I respect your games since you stopped a group of robbers from my store a few months back."

For Baxter to like Megan for saving him one time.

"What's up, Baxter?" Megan said. "Batman. Robin. I bet you two have heard about this man, I saved him a while ago."

Baxter doesn't want Riddler to be hurt by the heroes...huh?!

"Don't worry, sir. We've got him." Robin tells the man so. "His name is Edward Nygma otherwise known as the Riddler."

"I know who he is, you young fool."

Riddler explains to Batman that he's Baxter's new business partner and reveals a new line of toys inside the box.

"It's all right, C.B. These are two old friends of mine." Riddler explains. "Don't mind, Megan, if we know her either. Other than these two pals, she can check on me anytime. Those are things of the past now, Batman. Ancient history that's gone now. I'm a new man! But you probably won't figure that out before it's too late!"

What the...? Riddler working at the toy factory with Baxter? For Batman, Ribon, and Megan to be left speechless...For the toys to be showing in the box, it would make sense.

"Seriously, Baxter?!" Megan was lost.

"Do you know who this man is and did?"

With Batman saying this to Baxter, he already knows about him.