Heart of Steel Parts 1 and 2

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #33 – Heart of Steel

It's closing time at Wayne Enterprises and a woman deliberately leaves her briefcase behind. Security guards find and open it; it seems to be unremarkable and contains only a few papers, with no ID. Deciding the briefcase is ordinary enough, the guards decide to leave and bump into Bruce Wayne who's on his way out.

"Can we help you with anything, Mr. Wayne?" one guard asks him.

"Just trying to get out before the security alarm goes off."

Megan just laughs.

"Hey, come on, Bruce. I'm your bodyguard, remember? I'll walk you out first before they can start it."

"I know, Megan." Bruce said. "It just the alarm sometimes makes me nervous."

The two understand their boss.

"Have a good night, you two." the woman said to them.

"And I'll walk you two out."

With the man and woman of the two guards go out last for Bruce and Megan to leave the building first...For the office was now alone, the briefcase sprouts metallic legs and a mechanical eye and makes its way into the research and development lab. And another one as backup just in case to come through the window, very sneaky type. Once there, the other uses a laser cutter to enter the safe and starts stealing microchips setting off the alarm in the process.

"Did we set it off by accident?" questioned Bruce.

"No, sir. It's from upstairs." said the male officer to take care of it.

Megan hacks into the TV screens to see if the alarm was set up somewhere upstairs to break into the place, two odd looking robots.

"What the heck's that thing?"

"No way..." Megan was more surprised to see this. "Are those robots...? Oh, wow! They are! I want one of those so badly!" she gets serious. "Right after we stop their programming from stealing the microchips first."

Seeing this was getting bad, the two guards had to do something about this and getting Bruce to safety, or so they think...

"Better not take any chances. Right this way, sir. Now, for your own safety you stay put, Mr. Wayne." said the guard. "Ms. Tsuki, sorry to trouble you with this but...could you give your friend a call?"

"Ah, yeah. I'm on it! Bruce, I'll be back for you!" With Megan getting ready to take care of the rest and winks at Bruce to wait for him as Batman, the guards lock the room to protect Bruce.

"We'll be back, Mr. Wayne." the female said.

Security locks up Bruce in their office and go to investigate. Bruce, however, has no intention of standing around and enters a secret panel in the wall.

"Stay put?" Bruce has his Batman's voice. "I don't think so." Bruce walks to the corner and touches the wall. The corner of the officer turns around and Bruce is gone.

Megan gets ready to go and stopping the two robots for the other to scan of her and the two guards heading in their way; the two Security guards catches the robot, but it easily knocks them out with gas. Megan sees this just in time to get her gas mask on.

"(Great, they got them. But not me!)" she said to have her gun out. "Alright, my little robot friends, you guys are coming with me whether you were program to do or not! I want your parts...!" one robot was scanning Megan's entire body down out of nowhere. "Hey! What was that all about?! Trying to blind me?"