Episode 8

Episode 8
Amber’s POV:

“Amber, be strong…”    He whispered more, “this all belongs to you…. Walk in the room… I know you can do it…”  I took a deep breath, mom was killed here… I really can’t… I am scared to walk in…
He said again demandingly, “Amber! Come back to senses…” I nodded, but I am about to cry. I walked in the room and first thing I see is the bed, its neat. Furthermore, I touched the bed frame, and I am about to break, I miss both of them, I hated dad but I never thought he will leave like this, without talking to me… tear roll down, I lost mom in a single moment…
I turned my face away, my eyes landed on the picture on the wall, a big picture frame, it’s mom and dad’s wedding picture… Tears are betraying my will to stay strong. I noticed the pictures under the wedding pictures, it has pictures of me, a lot of them, from my first birthday to the most recent, it was on the high school picture day, how did he get these pictures… I noticed Edward was looking at me, I looked away wiping my tears. Edward said, “your mom’s jewelry are in the closet…” I turned to the closet. It's not the jewelry important, It's that these are the only thing left behind of her…
Edward didn’t wait he went to the closet, he then typed a code in the locker, then I saw him with a box, he walked to be and placed it in my hand. He said, “my work is done regarding today, and I promise I will do as Mr. J Driver wanted, he wanted me to take care of you for 3 years… Then I will. He's done a lot for me, and taking care of his daughter is my duty. I will protect you ma’am.”
Ma’am?... so he is ready doing all this as a employ, not as a friend, I thought we were friends. But maybe I am clinging into someone because  I am lonely… I am pathetic…
He said, “now… I should go” he walked out without any more words. So… I am really alone now, no mom, no dad.

Edward…. We were like friends when we were young, I didn’t see him often but whenever I saw him he used to talk to me nicely, maybe because I was daughter of his boss. I was foolish to think he was my friend, he is just doing his job….
I looked around the room after he left, but I couldn’t stand there for long. I walked out of the room closing it again, hoping I will not open it soon. I kept mom’s jewelry in the closet and locked it. They are really precious to me. suddenly I remember mom’s other belonging… where are they… she use to do painting, she was good and  taught me her techniques…
I rushed down stairs, and I ran to the front door, before I could reach the  I saw Edward going away in his car, now whom do I ask…

I was frustrated, one of the middle aged maid asked, “Miss. do you need anything?” I looked at her, and I was about to reject her question but a thought caught in mind.

I turned to her and ask, “where are mom’s painting…. She is used to pain…” I know this maid, she is Aunt Linda, she works here ever since I remember…
She said, “they are in the second hall on this floor.” I walked there to  the second hall, I still remember every room of this place. I went into the room and some part of me became happy. I see mom’s paintings on the wall. There are only few though, she used to sell this. These are the only few left behind by her. I see the one of my favorite painting, it is painting of me, in this picture I am around 3 years old. She was never going to sell this one. She used to say this painting is made up of her love. I touched it and I couldn’t help but cry. I whispered, “I miss you mom…” my shoulders are shaking in cry, but I miss dad too… I am so thankful that he didn’t threw mom’s things, he treasured it.. At least I have these.. This is the greatest and most precious inheritance I have… I sat down crying on the floor, I covered my face with both of my hands, I started crying loud, like a baby, I miss both of them.. Why our family got destroyed…
I was grieving and crying, when I felt hand on my shoulder, I saw Aunt Linda. She smiled at me moving her hands over my hairs and said, “it’s enough child.. don’t cry like this… neither ma’am or sir would like this..” I hugged into her and cried more into her arms, I said, “why this … *sobs* happened to me…. *cried* I am left behind… I miss them…” she kept comforting me and trying to stop me from crying…

 *cried* I am left behind… I miss them…” she kept comforting me and trying to stop me from crying…