He thanked me and got off the chair as I got on to the game.

He started walking towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" I said.

He pouted and turned back around.

"I wanna go home," he said.

"Nah, you've got to wait for me to finish playing so then you can grind again," I said. "You can do whatever else you want while I'm playing."

He nodded in sadness and defeat as he sat next to me, and decided to nod off to sleep.

Yeonjun and Soobin's shuttles aren't here. That means they've been given time off.

I played for ages, until I was killed by a high level player.

"What the-" I spoke.

I respawned and teleported back to my death point. The high level player was stealing my items.

"Why do you need all my items, you shithead?" I typed over the game.

They didn't type anything in the chat, and kept looting. I tried to stop them, but they kept killing me.

I went into the menu, and scrolled for a bit until I found their profile, and made sure to save it.

Their username was KTYK05, they were level 110, twice my level, and had really strong items.

"Hey," I called out to my shuttle to wake him up.

"You have to get new items and get me to level 120, alright?" I said.

He nodded lifelessly and started playing for me again.

I stood up and left, and Yeonjun and Soobin were at the entrance.

"What's good, Y/n?" Soobin greeted. "We're going to grind together, you coming?"

"I was just leaving," I said.

They shrugged and waved me off and I went back outside to take a stroll.

I went to a convenience store, and bought some snacks to have while I walked home.

As I walked through my neighbourhood, I noticed the same girl from before crying through her window. I didn't know we lived this close.

"Shameful," I sighed.

I walked to my house, and tidied up. I live alone. I like living alone. No one to bother me.

Hanni's POV

I sobbed and sniffled in my bed.

I told my friends all about my fake scores.

"Hanni, it isn't ok for u to do something like that," Danielle texted.

"I know, but I always struggel to under stand school," I texted back. "It hurts my head,"

"Your dad hurts you when he gets drunk, right?" Minji texted. "Why not get rid of him? He could get into lots of trouble,"