Chapter 16 | Guilt

Começar do início

She looked up and gave a soft smile. "He left mine..."

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

"She's been gone all night!?" the blonde yelled at Shino. He sighed and looked to Sai, who gave him a 'you're-on-your-own' look. Tenten, fumbling with her hair as she began to put it into her usual buns, stepped up next to Shino in her new dress.

It was a Chinese style dress that was a sky blue with green hems. On the left side of her body was a turquoise Arashigakure star, reaching from just below her arm to the bottom of the dress, which stopped about three inches above her knees. On the right side was a slit that started at her hip, revealing her black net leggings that became covered at her knees by a pair of dark brown knee-high ninja boots.

"Who's gone?" she asked through a yawn. Ino grabbed at her own hair that was still down as it was early in the morning. The blonde was still in a light purple pair of sleeping shorts, a white cropped tank top, and a large white T-shirt that was hanging off of her left shoulder. Her bare feet contrasted greatly against the dark wood floor of the small bookshop.

Sai let out a breath as he watched his significant-other worry over their friend. He too had only just woken up, still in his black sweatpants and light grey T-shirt. He glanced at Kosai, whose head was bobbing as he slowly fell back to sleep, and Inari, who was laughing at the former. They were also in their night clothing: simple dark gray sweatpants and shirts that were borrowed from another teen.

Inari had ended up rooming with his friend when his mother wound up staying in the building designated to the children. His grandfather stayed with the other men, who had lodged in a bar that had survived the attack. Iro had forbidden them to drink any alcohol from the building until they had reached the island, saying that they didn't need any drunkards wandering around and getting lost.

He noticed Ino was about to continue yelling when the front door suddenly opened. They all turned to see the said elder walking through the door accompanied by Kurama.

"Sakura is on her way, do not worry yourselves." She laughed as Kosai perked up at the sound of her voice.

"Lady Iro, how could you say that!? She could be hurt!" Ino protested. "I know how strong she is, but who knows how many more men there are like the one that took down Tazuna's house!"

Sai placed a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down.

"Do not worry, child. She is in the company of her personal guard after all." Half the room looked at her in question.

"Kakashi," Sai stated, causing them to look at him.

"She found Kakashi?" Kurama asked before gaining a more confused look as his eyes moved to the elder. "Wait, how do you even know this?"

"A woman always knows," she said before walking out the door, followed by Kurama after he gave a sigh.

"Okay, I'm a female and I don't even know what that meant," Ino said after a few moments of silence.

"Probably something to do with chakra..." Tenten yawned as she gave up on her buns for the time being. "Anyway, where's Neji?"

"He's creating a list of the people who will be going to Arashijima with us," Shino informed as he ate a piece of toast.

"Shino...?" He looked at the brunette, the room staying quiet until she spoke again. "Where'd you get the toast?"

"The restaurant next door, they're serving breakfast."

"Oh." With that, Tenten left to get food. Ino went back upstairs and into the room they had all slept in to get changed. She began going through the chest that held their scrolls only to find her clothing scroll missing.

"Something wrong?" She whirled around to find Sai in the doorway.

"My clothes are missing!" she exclaimed.

"Are you sure you brought them?" he asked, brow raised.

"I'm posi— oh..." She placed her face in her hand. He gave her a knowing look. "I left that scroll on my desk, didn't I?"

He chuckled.

"I wouldn't worry too much. Lady Iro was most likely planning to make you new clothing anyway. How about we just head over for breakfast?"

She blinked.

"In this?"

He shrugged.

"The only people I've seen dressed are Neji, Tenten, Lady Iro, and Kurama. I doubt anyone from here is awake enough to get dressed after yesterday," he explained as he crouched next to her. "Besides, if any guys look at you, I'll have them dropped in the middle of the ocean."

He gave a small grin, earning a giggle from her. She nodded and stood up, only to wobble slightly from still being drowsy. He gave a quiet chuckle and turned his back to her, crouching a bit. "Come on, sleepyhead. I'll carry you."

She happily hopped onto his back and laid her head on his shoulder as he headed out of the room.

As they exited the small shop, he noticed a figure coming out of the trees less than twenty feet to their right. He instantly determined it was Kakashi and was about to start towards him, but turned and headed to his initial destination when the man shook his head.