You are the moon and I am the sun.

After Felix and Hyunjin's ex had a long chat about basically everything, he decided to go home, it was getting later in the evening and he didn't want his parents to start freaking out. He was happy, he didn't get to talk to the boy like he originally planned to do but he got something more then that.
He got insight into something the boy has always hidden ... his feelings.

According to Hyunjin's ex, he didn't realize till this year how much he truly loved Felix, where as before for some unknown reason it was him simply just looking out for him. He saw this innocent, naive kid that had the purest heart and his first instinct was to protect him. As time went on he began to realize his instinct to protect him and take care of him was because he loved him, but how could he love a boy ? He was straight ? He had girl crushes ?
Well that's where another realization came, he wasn't dating girls or sleeping with them because he genuinely liked them, he was doing it because he was confused. The feeling of being unsure in his sexuality haunted him and he did everything he could do to avoid facing the truth, even if that meant faking it the whole time. The truth is, he didn't sleep with virgins because he didn't want them to get attached, he didn't sleep with them because he didn't want to take such a special moment from someone he couldn't love, that's why he didn't do it with Felix that night.. at the moment he didn't know Felix liked him and he could never forgive himself if he took that special moment from the boy at his most vulnerable. His whole life has been somewhat of a confusing roller coaster and it was when he lost Felix that he realized it.

He loves him and not just in a friend way, or a brotherly way, he sees Felix and he sees Love, the purest and sweetest form of it and he can't help but fall into every time.

Meanwhile,

Hyunjin was else where, after what he saw that night and what he felt, he needed to step back.
He wasn't mad at Felix or the guy he was with, he was mad at himself ... upset that he waited so long to finally come to terms with who he is and what he wants. His parents owned another house a couple towns by the water and that's where he fled to, he didn't tell anyone where he was going because he knew they'd follow and although he knows he's going to get scolded for leaving without saying anything, he felt he needed this.

He spent the few days there, thinking.. if the blonde has moved on and has found somebody new, he deserves it. He deserves someone who isn't a coward, a man that has always shown him love and has never been afraid to.
His parents weren't homophobic per say but they did assume he was going to be with a girl, get married and have kids. The pressure of not pleasing his parents was overwhelming, he is there only child, their SON. The son is supposed to be the successor of the family, the one who carry's on the family name and adds on to the family line. That is one of the reasons he asked out his ex, his parents were getting suspicious that he wasn't dating and so one night solely on impulse, he asked her out.

He knew how much she liked him, he's known for years and when he realized how much she was falling for him while "dating" he had to break it off.
That night Felix saw them outside hugging wasn't because they were reuniting but because he finally told her the truth, he's in love with another man, a man he first noticed in 9th, took care of in 10th, protected in 11th and fell in love with in 12th.
A man that was pure like an angel from heaven.
and she was happy for him !

So there Hyunjin was sitting on the sand, staring at the body of water in front of him with a glass jar in one hand and paper in the other, waiting for the sun to go down. He wrote on the paper as he felt the sun lowering and lowering, following the tradition that Han told him about. He quickly put his paper in the jar and sealed it, hoping that it worked. He wasn't convinced things like this actually worked but Han told him he wrote one about Minho and now they're talking so it must have worked.
He caressed the jar in his hand like a magic lamp closing his eyes as the sun finally went down.

He watched as the sun bid farewell and the moon came out like a surprise, funny how he has always associated himself with the moon and the blonde with the sun, two polar opposites who share the sky but never actually get to meet.. maybe their relationship is like the sun and moon.

That's when it hit him, he quickly got up and ran back to the house with the jar firmly in his hand, he packed up his stuff and wiped his tears as the overwhelming feeling came over him.
He threw his stuff in his bag, locked up the house and ran to his car. He drove off fast, he was tired of running and he was ready to yell to the world that he's in love with Lee Felix.

Hopefully he's not too late