One

(I'm doing another book already, I know. I can't let this sweet cinnamon roll go.

This one will be VERY different: no yandere, and I make no promises as to what will happen. The reader will be pretty mean in the beginning but it will get better! And I'm letting Connor be less... clueless, lmao.

Reader is female- sorry to those who aren't!- and this is Mature, as always. The original image for the cover isn't mine but it's not helping this new obsession.

♡♡♡♡)

■□■□■

"...... I think I'm losing my fuckin' mind."

He was barely paying attention, too engrossed in finishing the report. "Hank, you can't be losing your mind this early. Did you finally decide to open your Inbox?"

"Smartass," the lieutenant grumbled. "For your information, yes I opened my email. But my Inbox ain't the problem." Hank's arms crossed, staring at his calendar. "I highlighted today and apparently didn't tell myself why."

Curious, the detective opened his partner's shared calendar. Sure enough, that day was highlighted with no explanation. "... I'm sorry, Hank, I have nothing in my database that makes today significant. Was this one of your attempts to not rely on me?"

Eyebrow lifting, he gave Connor a pointed look. "You know damn good and well I'm one bad day away from putting my foot through this thing. If you don't keep track of all my shit, I'm not gonna remember it." He heaved a sigh, staring at the calendar, hoping it would trigger the information.

It was futile.

"... Hank. Was this about that meeting you had with the Captain weeks ago? I wasn't allowed to attend, and you never spoke about it. I would have remembered anything you told me." Connor watched his partner's expression shift away from confusion.

"Shit, I think you're right." Then he paused. ".... I don't remember what the meeting was about."

There was a thump; the android dropped his head on the desk.

"Ugh, whatever. If I didn't say or do anything about it, it's probably not vital information," he muttered. Footsteps approaching made the pair look over, seeing Fowler on his way. "Jeff, question."

"Not sure I've got time for it, Hank; maybe later. You seen the transfer yet?"

Transfer? "If I knew what it was, I could tell you if I've seen it." The word "transfer" rattled around in Hank's head; was that the reason?

"Them, Hank. Seen them. For fuck's sake, I told you weeks ago we have someone transferring to Detroit." The blank, yet mildly startled look on the lieutenant's face made the Captain groan. "New transfer, arriving today? Told you specifically cause I assumed you'd tell the kid. Judging by the vacant stares I'm seein', that's a no." Shaking his head. "Right, well, I'm talking to 'em first, then I'll introduce you two. Try to liven up, especially you, Connor."

Him? "I will, Captain, but... why myself specifically?" the android asked, now just curious.

"Cause you're the one being trained," Jeff replied, offering no more details as he walked away towards the lobby.