Chapter Fourteen: Aw You're Sleeping Together ;)

Start from the beginning

"Mhm, that never ends well, does it?" He adds, his flirting had become so frequent and you were growing more accustomed to him that it didn't bother you anymore.

"Yeah, last time Milo got sliced to death."

"Not what I was thinking of exactly... I guess we can add getting pushed into a lake."

"And that too... There's matches here." You pick them up and shove them into a leg pouch, looking around a bit more to find scrap pieces of metal like the merchant mentioned. Leon looks down at your chest, finally paying attention to the pistol in your holster. "Eyes are on my face, not my chest."

"I wasn't looking at that, cute charms." He said, although he definitely was checking you out absent mindedly before he saw the glimmer of pink on your gun. Your outfit had a bunch of charms littered around on them, you had a little bunny charm on it, and a sticker on the side. You were surprised he had only noticed them now.

"Yeah, I've got them everywhere."

"Well it suits since you're pretty charm-ing." He's got a smug grin on his face from his own pun. "Maybe you could get me on some of those charms." You shrug and snag one off your belt, a cat head and toss it to him. He was joking... But he's not complaining. "How do I put it on my gun?"

You take it out his holster, as you're walking next to each other you tie it on the side and give it to him. He takes it back and turns it from side to side, curiously.

"Like it?"

"It's weird but... I'll get used to it."

You smile, finally entering a shack on the other side of the settlement and spotting the gas. You hear hissing in the room but Leon shoots it before you even get the chance to look.

"Chris is gonna make fun of you." You say as you pick the gas up, trying to ignore the snakes so you don't have an existential crisis.

"He's always making fun of me anyway. He's probably just jealous he doesn't have a sick cat. Gets no pussy." You cringe again at his stupid joke.

"And you do? Last time you got pussy was like 1998 or something stupid like that."

"Oh, I can get laid. I just chose not to."

"Like I'm meant to believe that?" You snicker. "Nice try."

"I mean I'm a pretty good flirt, right? Managed to pull the most prettiest girl in the office, who also happens to be the most stubborn."

You roll your eyes as you start climbing up the ladder to the exit. "You didn't pull anything. If anything you're pretty good at harassment and being more stubborn than I am."

Once you get to the top, he wraps his hand around your waist as you walk. Feeling his fingers touch you through the thin fabric of your shirt makes you feel yourself getting warmer. "Why do you always have to be so cruel all the time, sweetheart? Would it kill you to let something nice out of the pretty lips?"

"Remember last time I said something nice about you?"

"You mean when you called me hot? I don't remember, tell me what happened." His mischievous look is plastered all over his face, you swat his hand off your waist in response.

"Oh you're so lucky to have forgotten the most miserable moment of my life."

"I remember you liking it more than you care to admit."

You get back to the boat, Leon filling up the gas tank as you take back the spark plug, lighting the matches. You wished you could call your dad to that moment to make sure you weren't fucking up. When you had last seen him do this was 7 years ago, and you didn't want to break it which was a very real possibility with your miraculous luck.