Another One - DJ KHALED

Another one

-DEEJAY KHALED

BY: Muah

" Ugh," I groan. " Another! Keep it coming!"

" I think that's enough for you sweetheart," Haymitch scoops up all of the bottles that lay in front of us and places them away from me. Directly out of my reach. " Why do you have to be such a bore?" I drone. I go to reach for a sip. Just one more sip it tell myself.

" Stop it. You're drunk enough," Haymitch snarls, smacking my hand away.

" But it helps me! Makes me go numb all numb," I giggle, wiggling my fingers. Haymitch looks at me sadly. I've never really seen him like this before. He gets up to where I'm sitting and embraces me. " Wha-... What are you doing?" I say. My shoulders are tense. He squeezes me tightly and whispers something into my ear. " It's ok Katniss. It's ok. I know it's hard. It's always been hard," He says softly, tickling my ear.

" What? Huh? What do you mean?" I query.

" The boy. Your poor sister. Everything," He says. I release the tension in my body and slump into Haymitch. Tears gather in my eyes. Hiccups rest in my body and escape every few seconds. Haymitch rubs my back slowly. I finally cave in and the tears flood. We sit there for a long time. It's already dark out and I forgot why I'm here, or how I got here.

The alcohol is making my vision blurry and my body numb and limp. Is this how Haymitch feels everyday? Haymitch is the first one to pull away. He pats my shoulder and looks down. " I'm sorry Katniss. You're so young to have dealt with all of this," He murmurs, finally looking up. I wipe my nose with the end of my sleeve.

We both pause. Silence, till I say, " I want Peeta. I need him." Haymitch chuckles softly.

" Why are you laughing? I thought this was supposed to be a sad moment," I say.

" Nothing. It's nothing. Well, I mean I don't think you want to hear what I'm thinking about," He snickers.

" Tell me," I demand, leaning on the back of my chair.

" Alright. But promise you won't explode," He says.

" I promise," I say, rolling my eyes. I can't promise that.

" Here's what I gotta say, Peeta loves you right?" I nod. " Well, I think you love him. A lot in fact." My face grows red with anger.

" How could you say that!" I shout.

" Hey! You promised you wouldn't be upset!" Haymitch replies angrily. I huff and cross my arms.

" I'm just saying, you're not crying over Gale are you? No, you're crying over Peeta. Plus, I know you've loved him since before the Quell. All of the evidence points towards it," He says. I open my mouth to yell something at him but nothing comes out. He's right. I don't care for Gale now. He's given me enough reasons over time to make me hate him. But Peeta?

I've forgiven him. He's never done anything horrible to me. When I was so awful towards him he would care for me. Take care of me. Love me. But when he was hijacked, I hated him. No, not him, the mutt inside of him. That wasn't Peeta who attacked me the moment they had rescued him, that was the mutt the Capitol created to destroy me. To harm me. To kill me.

" I don't know anything at this point, Haymitch. I had too many problems during those 2 years. I didn't have time to focus on love and boys," I say.

" Oh really?" Haymitch scoffs.