1. A Surprise Baby

Taylor's P.O.V.

I was just getting up for a nice Saturday early morning breakfast. I quickly changed into some light-wash boot-cut jeans, a red skin-tight cup-sleeve t-shirt, and my favorite cowgirl boots when I suddenly hear the doorbell ring. I glance over at my alarm clock and it reads 8:00 a.m. Curious as to who would be here so early, I walk out to the living room and open the front door.

I expected to see my brother Austin or a neighbor that might need a cup of sugar for their coffee or something. Instead, I find no one. Then I hear a noise coming from below me. I look down and there's a little pink bundle. I remove the top of the blanket to reveal a newborn baby girl with blonde hair and brown eyes. I realize the only thing covering her was the blanket, so I pick her up quickly and bring her inside. I look at her and she just seems to stare at me in wonder. "Where'd you come from, Sweetheart?" I asked her. She just replied with a coo. "Well, seeing as there's no note of who you are or where you came from, I guess I'll be your mama." I said and she just smiled. I wasn't sure how to do this, so I picked up the phone and decided to call 911.

"911. What's your emergency?" A lady dispatcher answered.

"My name is Taylor Alison Swift and I'm calling because someone left a baby on my apartment doorstep."

"At what time did this occur and who left it?"

"She. And about five minutes ago. As for who, I don't know. Whoever it was, was gone by the time I opened the door."

"Do you have an idea of about how old she is?"

"Newborn is all I can tell. As for almost exact, I'm not sure."

"Is she in clothes or wrapped in anything? Is she wearing a diaper?"

I quickly checked and shook my head. "No. No diaper. No clothes, but she is wrapped in a pink blanket like one you would get from a hospital maternity ward."

"Is there a hospital bracelet on her right wrist?"

"No. Nothing of identification and no note as to why she was left here."

"Ok. I'm gonna have a police officer come pick you up and take you to the nearest hospital. I want you to tell the receptionist everything you told me and then have a doctor run a few tests on her to see if he or she can come up with anything to identify at least her birth date."

"Ok. My address is 2030 Velvet Rose Ave. Nashville, TN 50749."

"Alright. There's an officer on his way."

"Thank you so much. Bye." I replied and hung up. I looked at the baby girl in my arms and smiled. "Don't worry. We're gonna get through this together." She responded with a smile back and a soft coo. I giggled and kissed her forehead.