Chapter 2: Feeling Faint

Depuis le début

Seris: Welcome to Viridian City

*With the sun quickly setting, he rushed down the path into the city, searching for a place to stay the night. Fortunately, he finds a Pokémon Center less than 10 minutes of entering and walks in through the sliding doors. He takes in his surroundings of how many people and Pokémon of all ages and sizes interacting with others or keeping to themselves in the decently sized building. He slowly walks forward to the front desk where he is greeted by a woman in a nurse's uniform with pink hair adorning pigtails that look like they have been tied like shoelaces*

 He slowly walks forward to the front desk where he is greeted by a woman in a nurse's uniform with pink hair adorning pigtails that look like they have been tied like shoelaces*

Joy: Good evening, and welcome to the Virdian City Pokémon Center! My name is Nurse Joy. Would you like me to heal your Pokemon back to perfect health as well as stay the night?

*He looks at her with a neutral face and nods a bit before searching through his pocket for Armada's pokéball. After a solid minute, he slowly puts it on the counter after expanding it. She carefully takes the ball into her hands and smiles at the young man*

Joy: Thank you! That'll be 700 Pokén.

Seris: W-wait what? I thought Pokemon Centers supplied free room and board as well as free medical on Pokémon?

*Joy sighs from this statement and then lays down the unfortunate truth about the matter*

Joy: It was in the past. However, due to trainers relying too much on us and not buying any stuff from the Pokémarts, our repairs and bills skyrocketed to the point where we had the charge. The only exceptions are for Pokémon professors, their assistants and aides, medical personnel, law enforcement, members of the Pokémon League and wild Pokémon that were injured.

*Seris looked down in dejection as he starts to pull out his wallet. As he does, he remembers the package he had to get before looking up at the nurse while rummaging through his wallet's folds*

Seris: By the way, I was told there was a package for me that was sent here. 

Joy: Oh? Who is it addressed to? 

Seris: Seris Nova. It should be from a man by the name of Krane. 

*Her head perked a bit before smiling at him*

Joy: Ohhhh! You must be the one of the kids who is helping him with his project. 

*She looked down his body until stopping and pointing straight at his wrist with the PDA around it*

Joy: That's his invention you are helping him with, am I right?

Seris: Yeah? I wanted me and a few others to field test it, so I just went along with it.

Joy: Well, that was kind of you, Seris. Please, wait here one moment. I recall placing your package in the back. I'll be back in just a moment. 

*She excuses herself to the back and comes back a moment later with a small, padded envelope as well as a white card with a red cross on one side and a red pokéball symbol on the other. Seris looks at the card in confusion before looking up at her asking*

Seris: What's the card for?