"We'll tell him I'm your lawyer."

His serious suggestion forced a surprised airy giggle from you, one that you didn't know you needed until you realized how instantly lighter your body felt. Your worries momentarily disappeared and you gave him a joking nod,"Sure, Shoto. I'll let you be my lawyer if it comes to it."

Despite the hint of sarcasm, his commitment to get rid of your distress was enough to bring you back to your normal self. You sighed the remaining apprehension out of your mind and gave him a warm smile to convey your thanks. He managed to understand it for what it was and mirrored with a small smile of his own.

As silly as it sounded, one of your greatest comforts too was how sure he was that you weren't involved in Toga's death. His trust in you was apparently just that solid.

You didn't bother letting go of his hand as you continued your route with an Endeavor-free mind, lightly swinging it back and forth as you let yourself wander off into different thoughts. Todoroki didn't fail to notice it, well-accustomed to your physical mannerisms but never tired of them. Though he was surprised--were you not concerned about what civilians would think of you two holding hands? 

As he scanned your expression, he couldn't find any opposition to it. It sprouted a sense of satisfaction somewhere in his chest to think you weren't shy of showing everyone how close you'd become. It felt right--prideful, even.

You were too consumed by your thoughts to pay mind to onlookers; with such heavy topics as of late, you'd barely gotten to give your returning feelings for Todoroki any attention and the reminder of your newfound crush made your cheeks grow warm as you finally took notice of his hand engulfing yours. 

You wondered, how much could you trust Mina's predictions?A relationship between you and Todoroki seemed like such a foreign yet close topic, with your bond being stronger than others yet established as solely a friendship from the very beginning. You thought back to the conversation you and Todoroki started and didn't get to finish mere nights ago.

The more you thought about the question Todoroki asked, the more you realized how much of a serious talk it could've been.

'What happened to your feelings for me?'

Had he started to pick up on your feelings for him before you even realized them?It worried you.

It'd been such a uncalled confrontation that all you could come up with was a bitter answer. You didn't get to hear his response before Dabi inconvenienced you two with his dumb poisoning. You huffed in annoyance, frustrated with the man's determination to make your professional and romantic life harder than it has to be. 

You glanced at your intertwined fingers. It made your stomach flip to get such special treatment from him, but having finally admitted your feelings to yourself, it was starting to near an overwhelming degree. Maybe it was time to be a little more blunt.

You cleared your throat, attempting a careless attitude despite the marathon your heart was starting to challenge itself with,"Um, Shoto...?"

You hadn't meant for your voice to come out squeaky, but if he noticed, he didn't say anything. Todoroki turned his attention to you and though he said nothing, you knew you had his undivided attention. He never gave you less.

 His features became intimidating out of nowhere. Had his scar always complimented his heterochromatic appearance so much?

You laughed nervously,"I wanted to ask...last time we shared a room, you asked me about my old feelings for you."

The vivid memory hit him hard and he halted his steps. He hadn't meant for him to be caught so visibly off guard but he couldn't help it. He nodded,"I remember."

Todoroki waited for the question. A small pit grew in his stomach. Had you gotten over the lack of self-awareness he mentioned that night, finally picking up on his feelings?

You tried to speak before you could possibly overthink and chicken out,"Well...why?"

You stared at him patiently despite your nervousness. Todoroki's stunned expression didn't make it any easier but you waited until it relaxed, willing to wait as long as it took for an answer.

The man's grip on your hand tightened and he brought it up to his lips briefly, catching you off guard as you felt him place a small kiss on your the back of it. It wasn't the first time he'd done that but you realized neither of you had ever done something like that in such a public space.

Instinctively, you hastily pulled your hand out of his, a wide blush spreading across your face as you realized a number of people as witnesses and you hissed in embarrassment,"Shoto!!!"

Your question was completely forgotten. You stared at him with bewilderment, never expecting such a public display of affection from him and your shock didn't let you do anything but stare at him with racing thoughts reflected by your face.

The man stared at you with his lips pressed into a tight line. He could tell you were more confused than upset but it served well to make his point. Todoroki spoke in a slightly hushed voice and subtly nudged his head towards the astounded group of people who'd been paying attention to the two of you from the very beginning.

His voice was hushed,"This isn't the place for that conversation. Someone will eavesdrop and it'll end as a scandal that could interfere with our careers."

His explanation nearly gave you a hernia. You didn't know what demon possessed you as you waved your arms frantically,"B-BUT, YOU JUST-"

Todoroki cut you off by swiftly grabbing your hand again during your nonsensical movements and dragging you away from the group onto your route. You groaned as you physically wiped the astonishment off your face,"Shoto, a kiss is way more scandalous than a conversation we can deny ever happening!!!"

He raised an eyebrow and didn't bother to lower his voice as he retaliated,"We kiss all the time."

You blushed with a slight pout and muttered under your breath,"Yeah, I can't wait to see the articles on this. Self-awareness my ass..."

Todoroki gave your lost composure a soft smile. With your prior worries gone and an opportunity to give you affection as he liked, he could care less about rumors. What he cared about was his one and only goal between you two and he knew, soon, he'd make that goal known to you.

----------

I'm literally so embarrassed about this chapter. I have to re-learn my writing style again and this short wonky writing is only an attempt, so again, please don't flame me too hard. I'm trying my best out here and I'm struggling :') I'll really try writing often again so I can provide y'all the quality writing from before though. Bear with this writing for a little pls