26 - Dream

You had absolutely no idea where Iida had taken the group and a lot to think about, so instead of wandering around the museum you decided to head outside and wait by the limousine while you sorted your thoughts.

You had feelings for Todoroki. It felt great to actually admit it to yourself but it brought other questions. What did that mean for your friendship? Your habits? Would it be weird for you to be flirty and touchy like always?

Then again, Todoroki had become more affectionate than you by now. He'd likely seek out physical contact if you didn't. You thought back to the first few times he did, like the first time he kissed your forehead and the first time he asked you to take a nap with him. A blush rose to your face and you bit the inside of your cheek to keep from smiling dumbly.

It's been five years and I did a full 360 to the wooed schoolgirl. Who would've thought.

At least you had a chance now. You were so taken by your newfound admittance to your crush that you didn't hear the footsteps approaching you, flinching at Todoroki's voice getting near.

"You missed the garden."

He stopped walking once he was right in front of you and you gave him a warm greeting smile. Todoroki didn't return it.

It didn't occur to you to question it,"I know. But it's fine. Believe it or not, I had a pretty eye-opening conversation with the three goofballs--you've seen us hang for years, I doubt I have to name them--and they helped me figure out something I've been dealing with."

Todoroki's entire face shifted with your last words. The proximity did little to ease your nerves, especially when he leaned down the slightest to look at you in the eyes with worry,"Has something been bothering you?"

The man didn't even care how fast you'd flipped a switch. He spent the past hour drowning in a completely new feeling to him: jealousy. He hated every second of it and with one sentence, you'd managed to make him forget all about it.

Your heart swelled at his visible concern and couldn't hold back a bashful smile,"I'm fine now. If we should be concerned about anything, it's the fact we haven't slept a wink. What do you think about napping in a limo?"

══════════════════

Todoroki had never taken an offer so fast. He'd been exhausted since before arriving to the museum and all the mental strain of not having you around only made it worse. It all led to the present: both of you in a deep slumber that the driver was struggling to break you out of.

The chauffeur couldn't blame either of you. You were practically sleeping on top of the hero and the light pressure of having you on him was nothing but comforting. It felt like a weighted blanket but better. It wasn't the position you'd fallen asleep in; you'd been sleeping on his shoulder but steep turns during the ride home led to you both laying.

Thinking of it that way, the one to blame was the driver himself.

Todoroki finally stirred before you. The first sounds he registered were the hesitant calls of the driver and your soft breaths; your breaths caught his attention first and his throat ran dry at the sight of you sleeping so peacefully in his arms.

"Mr.Todoroki, please...I was required to take the limousine back to its spot over an hour ago..."

Todoroki hummed. His eyes were fixed on you as you stirred out of your own sleep, taking in every detail.

Your voice came out a broken whisper,"...Do we really have to go?"

The question stunned him. He'd expected you to instantly look for a more comfortable surface when you woke up and saw your spot. Instead, you wanted to stay and he'd be damned if he took that for granted.