CHAPTER SEVEN: ALONE TIME

Start from the beginning

"No the baby's sections been cleared. Lori asked me to keep an eye out. I haven't had much luck." Julia admits as the men stare at her funny.

Her and Lori bickered worse then a married couple so they found it crazy that Lori had asked the crazy woman for a favor.

"Is there any place that hasn't been completely looted?" Daryl asks as Glenn stops walking and offers another solution. "We saw signs for a shopping center just north of here." Glenn says while Julia shakes her head again.

"Yeah but there's too much shit in the road. Won't be able to get a car through." Julia says with a look to Daryl's bike.

"I can take one of ya." Daryl says while loading up his bike Julia once again quick at the opportunity to leave. "I'll go." She stares as Glenn looks at her weary again.

"Are you sure Julia? Maybe- maybe you'd want to wait here and I'll go..... you've..... had a rough day." Glenn says with exasperation as Julia stares him down before grabbing her stuff and moving to the bike.

"I've had a hard life. I think I'll survive going on this run." Julia spat as Daryl glances at the two Glenn sighs but let's the woman go. He knew better then to argue with Julia.

The shopping center had been a bust and the pair stayed silent the whole time.

As they saw a daycare on the map Julia instructed he go there getting a mute nod in return. Daryl takes in the perimeter as Julia immediately climbs into the window and looks around.

All of the kid stuff and the mess made Julia swallow bile trying to hope she wasn't about to have to kill a Walker baby. She didn't think she could stomach it.

Julia began opening cupboards wanting to hurry to get the supplies and fulfill her promise to Lori ti keep the baby safe. She found bottles, burping towels, and some other stuff but no formula.

Daryl soon follows climbing into the window and staring at the now eery art wall.

"You good?" He asks as Julia stuffs the bag and comes to a stand shooting him a look as she opens a closet in the room. "I'm fine." Julia says in a monotonous voice as Daryl stares her down.

"Weren't you the one rushing everybody to get this formula? Now your suddenly a chatty Kathy?" Julia spat bitterly as she huffs still not finding any formula.

"Multitasking." He says gruffly walking out of the room with Julia slowly following him out. They head towards the kitchen where they can hear a scratching and something moving. Both raising their silent weapons and walking into the room slowly.

It was coming from the pantry door.

Julia slowly goes to the pantry door and opens the doors in one swift move. A possum backs away and hisses right before Daryl shoots an arrow through it.

"Hello dinner." Daryl says excitedly while holding a flashlight between his lips muffling it a bit.

Julia scrunches her face but she wouldn't complain she couldn't remember the last time she ate a good sized meal. Julia opens up some cupboards and her defeated look turns to one of joy.

"And now we got what we needed and more." Julia says grabbing more baby stuff and shoving it in her bag. Her bag was filled with baby stuff at this rate but she didn't mind the zipper was hanging on for dear life.

She made a death bed promise and she intended to keep this one just like the last.

Flash back