𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

Mulai dari awal

I've had enough of this. "He's sixth in line," I point out.

That works because Camille immediately jumps back in disgust, shuddering. "Ew. Not good enough for me. Let's go," she huffs, snootily walking away.

Marco's jaw drops, and I can tell he's not used to being rejected like that. It's actually a pretty enjoyable sight, but then I remember that I don't have time for that. I have to get to Elena.

Looking around the ballroom again, I spot her dress in the corner and walk over there immediately. My stomach drops when I realize Camille has gotten to her first. I sigh, knowing I have to formally introduce them. I doubt they'll get along, but hopefully they don't talk much. "Cami, this is Princess Elena. Princess, this is Camille—my girlfriend."

Elena tilts her head and narrows her eyes. I can tell right off the bat that she wants to say something snarky. But to my surprise, she holds her tongue. "Hello, it's nice to finally meet you," she says in an oddly polite tone. She even holds her hand out for Camille to shake.

Camille declines the handshake and looks the princess up and down with a judging expression on her face. "Hi," she mutters, not even trying to hide her annoyance. "Is there something you want?"

"Excuse me?" Princess Elena asks with a raised eyebrow.

"You heard me," Cami replies, rolling her eyes. I don't have to spend all my time talking to you." She scoffs, and the way she says the last word is dismissive.

My head snaps to my girlfriend, and I give her a look of disapproval. Even then, she doesn't seem to care. She's being a bitch for no reason. When I look back at the princess, it's evident that she wants to put Camille in her place for her blatant disregard of Elena's royal status. However, she does not.

"You have got to be kidding me," I mutter under my breath.

I gave Camille an icy look and let out a sharp whistle. She glares at me as I point back down to the hall we just came in from and gesture at her to come with me using my other hand. "Now, Camille," I demand lowly.

She rolls her eyes but follows me out into the hallway after a few moments. "What?" she asks irritatedly, her tone infuriating me even more.

"That's the princess you're talking to," I tell her flatly. "Your lack of respect is absurd. You have the nerve to be a sarcastic and disrespectful bitch towards her? Do better."

The blonde's mouth goes agape, probably not expecting such a response out of me. "Do better? I don't have to talk to her if I don't want to," she retorts.

I've had enough of her bratty attitude. "If you ever disrespect the princess like that again, you can forget about this relationship."

The blonde scoffs. "It sounds like you're choosing her over me."

"Over a brat? Any day. Have some fucking decency—this is your last chance," I snap back.

Camille huffs and looks at me in disbelief before letting out an angry chuckle. "Did you forget what those stupid royals did to you? Who was there for you when it all happened?" She scowls now, her face turning red. "You'd be nothing without me, Alexander." With that, she turns around and storms off in an enraged manner.

I let out a deep sigh as I watched my girlfriend walk away, frustrated with myself. It had to be done. I was getting tired of putting up with her attitude and disrespecting everyone close to me, especially my princess.

"Well, that was awkward," a voice mutters behind me. I turn around to see Princess Elena peeking her head out into the hall.

"Very awkward," I agree, nodding. "I apologize for my girlfriend's behavior. She's a bit... difficult."

Elena's eyes darted to the door where Camille disappeared. "Don't," she tells me. "I don't let insignificant people hurt my feelings."

I roll my eyes playfully and walk over beside her, leaning back against the doorway to the ballroom. Camille definitely knows how to get me exhausted, but no matter how tired I am, I must always protect the princess.

Princess Elena breaks the silence again. "Is now a good time to tell you that you should break up with Blondie?"

I sigh and run a hand through my hair. She's right, but it's hard to let people go for me—especially when I've become so attached to them. "It's not that easy. I know she's a bitch, but I love her."

The princess nods slowly. "Somehow, I doubt that what you're feeling is love. After all, she does seem like the master manipulator. You sure she's not just playing with your feelings?"

Taking a moment to consider what she's saying, I realize that she's right. If I actually loved Camille, I wouldn't let her flirt with guys like Prince Marco. I'd also defend her instead of the princess, but that wasn't the case at all. But even though I don't actually love Cami, I can't just get rid of her. It's too hard for me. I miss the old her.

"I'll think about it," I finally say, my voice a quiet murmur.

The princess smiles and then tugs on my arm again. "Well, in the meantime, you still owe me a dance."

I still keep a straight face, but I would be lying if I said that I was fighting back a smile right now. "Of course." I take Elena's hand and whisk her away to the ballroom floor.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.・。.・゜.

authors note: best thing about writing is i can just take someone i hate and make them a villain 😊 which is exactly what i did to camille