𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Start from the beginning

"That should do," I say flatly while keeping my distance. Sometimes, I feel bad for seeming so indifferent around her when that's not the case at all. But at the end of the day, I'm her bodyguard—not her friend.

She tosses me a pair of jeans along with one of the black hoodies. "If I'm going to be disguised, so are you." After her claim, she scurries off to one of the changing rooms.

I hold the clothes in my hand, walking to a changing room as well. When we both come out, we look unrecognizable—except for the fact that our faces are showing. I solved the problem by grabbing two pairs of black sunglasses and handing her one.

"There. Ready?"

"Ready," she replies with a grin.

˚ʚ ˚✧.

I follow the princess around practically every high-end clothing shop in Rome, Italy. She has me carrying tons of bags while she runs around freely and buys anything she can get her hands on.

We travel to Via dei Condotti, where all the pricey apparel stores such as Louis Vuitton, Prada, and Gucci are located. Elena runs into the Louis Vuitton store immediately and starts browsing through the sections with purses.

That is, until a saleswoman with jet-black hair and heavy makeup stops her.

"No offense, ma'am," the saleswoman begins, looking Elena up and down disgustedly, "but this store is for people with money."

Elena crosses her arms over her chest, stepping back. "I do have money," she retorts, anger present in her tone.

The woman sucks in through her teeth and crinkles her nose. She's obviously judging the princess based on her appearance, and that sickens me. "Yeah, I don't think so," she replies rudely.

If only she knew that she was talking to the princess. I doubt she'd have that conceited, smug look on her face then.

Princess Elena's eyes narrowed, her hands curling up into fists. "Listen," she warns, taking a step forward, "I have more money than you'll ever see in your lifetime. Don't you dare say anything like that to me again."

I have to admit I'm impressed with her assertiveness. She may be young, but she's not afraid to stand up for herself. It's something I admire about her, believe it or not.

The saleswoman looks like a deer in headlights, her mouth hanging open as if she can't believe what she just heard. She quickly turns around and storms off to the back of the store, no doubt to her manager.

The princess turns to me with a cheeky smile, clearly pleased with herself. "Some people are idiots," she says, walking to the counter. "Anyways, I'm tired of shopping. Let's do something else."

I started walking out of the store beside her. "Something else, such as...?"

Elena looks around for a moment as we walk down the street and then spots a restaurant in the distance. "There," she says, pointing her finger at it.

I nod and guide her to the restaurant, keeping my hand on her back and protecting her from civilians on the street. I can't ever let my guard down, especially in public.