Preface

" My decision is final

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

" My decision is final. You're transferring to Hogwarts." Marcus Greengrass's voice echoed through the room.

Atlas's nostrils flared with fury, his hold on his knife tightening as he continued to cut the meat, his jaw clenched hard but he remained silent.

" Am I clear ?"

Atlas neither nodded, nor responded with words.

" Am I clear Atlas ?"

The boy forced a nod.

" Words. Let me hear you in words son."

" Yes Father. I've got a question for you."

" As long as it's not illogical and hogwash, go ahead."

" Why did you force me into accepting Ilvermony's letter if you intended to drag me back here ?"

Marcus maintained his silence.

" You can't see me happy, can you Father ? Now that I've made my friends in Ilvermony, now that I'm happy with them, you want to snatch that away from me as well. Do you not ?"

" Sending you to Ilvermony made you stronger, you were too attached to home. It could lead to further troubles when you started school."

" I was just a child ! I was just nine when you sent me to Latin America before my schooling started ! Just nine Father ! Just goddamn nine when you sent me away !" Atlas slammed his knife on the table, his voice raising.

" I was just a child. I needed to be loved, I needed to be safe, I didn't need to be stronger." He continued, his voice wavering as he broke into tears.

" Dabney." He called out to the house elf

" Yes Master ?"

Atlas let out a shaky breath, his gaze turned away.

" Clear my plate please. I am not hungry anymore." He said keeping his voice together and stormed into his bedroom.

Marcus sat there, his body stiffened.

Frederick Greengrass simply stared at his son, his face devoid of any emotion.

" My fault ? Was it my fault ?"

" Was it not ?" Frederick questioned. " He was five when we lost Reine. Was he wrong to expect you to raise him with love ?"