17

The sweet smell of Cecelias and Qingxin filled Tartaglia's nose as he woke up. Keeping his eyes closed, he found that he enjoyed the scent. Hmm, smells like Lumine. When the ginger opened his eyes he noticed that he was laying down on the seat. Looking at what was under his head, the prince realized it was the knight's coat. Childe scratched his head, ruffling his ginger locks. "Then where is sh-" His mumbling stopped when he saw the driver sitting in front of him reading a book. 

  "She's in the out front, and yes we're about to switch." The man closed his book and looked out the window. "Ahh haha" The ginger laughed sheepishly. The carriage stopped, giving Childe a moment to fix his hair, though it never looked fixed. Lumine stepped in a few minutes after the driver got out, she looked so tired. Tartaglia extended a hand to help her up, scared that she might fall back. "Here." The ginger have the blonde her coat once she was seated. 

  Upon taking it from his hand, the knight's head fell slightly to her left. Before her head would bang on the window, there was a hand on her forehead and the other around her waist."Take it easy, I got you." The prince said in a low soft voice. Lumine's breath was slow and loud, she couldn't move. Childe sat down next to her, placing her head on his shoulder. He lifted her legs, folding them to the side then her coat on her lap and his on her torso. 

  "You've overworked yourself a lot this time," Tartaglia said as he stroked her blonde locks. "Allow me to guard you this time, Lumi." The blonde's eyes slowly closed as a small smile formed on her lips. She liked this, she liked this a lot. "Thank you," she muttered as she difted to sleep.

"Taglia."

  The ginger's face was as red as a strawberry. She actually said it. She really said it. His insides were jumping while he smiled, his hand still on her silky blonde hair. He wished this moment would last forever.

{2 hours later}

  "Your Highness, we've arrived in Mondstadt. We'll be at the palace in a few minutes." Tartaglia nodded from the back. "You should ready yourself for the reception." Lumine's soft voice spoke. "You're awake. How was your rest, do you feel better?" The blonde looked up at him. "I woke up half an hour ago and thought you were still asleep." The ginger laughed. "I snoozed for 2 hours, trust me it's enough." The knight let out a small, short chuckle. 

 The carriage came to a stop in front of a very big palace, Childe could've sworn it was bigger than theirs in Liyue. A woman with blonde hair tied up was coming down the steps as they arrived. "Welcome, Prince Tartaglia. We are honored to have you attend the Windblume Festival. I am Jean and will be your hostess while my father is away." Jean said when Childe and Lumine stepped out. "Thank you for your hospitality, your Highness." The prince bowed his head to show respect. "I look forward to the Windblume." 

  As the young royals were chatting while touring the palace, a woman with light brown hair walked with Lumine behind them. "So what's your relationship with his Highness?" The woman asked. "An attendant." The brown hair laughed. "Oh my, I'm sorry but I don't believe that. There has to be something more." The blonde lowered her eyelids to that. "What's your relationship with her highness?" "Her girlfriend." The knight blinked, she couldn't believe how blunt the woman was about that. "Oh but you can't tell anyone. You can keep a secret for me, right?" She said with a finger on her lips and a wink.