11

Lumine woke up feeling warm. As her eyes adjusted, her face heated up. She closed her eyes. This must be a dream. it has to be. But why would i dream of something like this? She opened her eyes again and the prince was still asleep. Did he carry me? How much work did he do after I fell asleep? A sigh went out her mouth. His warm breathing was soft and low. He must be exhausted. I should let him sleep longer. 

  He looked peaceful when he was sleeping. The blonde then brushed a few ginger hairs from his face. His arms were still around her and she needed to get up. When she tried to wiggle her way out, he seemed uneasy so she stayed to comfort. Lumine got her arms out and reached for her watch. It was 10:30 in the morning. They're both already late and people are going to start wondering where the prince is. But the blonde didn't have the heart to wake him up, especially since he slept after her. She put a hand on his head, his ginger locks were soft. 

  Someone knocked on the door and Lumine's eyes widened. "Lady Viatrix? Are you up yet?" Adelinde's voice could be heard from the other side of the door. It would be an awkward situation if she caught them like that, and who knows who else might pass by at the moment. "Yes, I'm awake." "Would you like me to bring you something to eat?" "No, I'm fine. I'll get something in a bit. Thank you, Adelinde." The knight was praying to the Archons that would buy that. "Alright, but you better eat or I'll force a cream bread down your throat." After that Lumine could hear her wake away.

  She let out a sigh of relief. The prince suddenly shifted and was now holding her waist. The blonde moved her hand through his hair, letting them slip out of her fingers. How much longer will he sleep?  "My  butt is getting numb." She mumbled then looked at him and laid her head on his. "Another half hour."

{Later} 

"Your Highness, where have you been?" "Do you what time it is, your Highness?" "You have a meeting in an hour, your Highness." Ever since Tartaglia woke up these pricks have been on him every second. He sighed and remembered how he woke up. I wish I could wake up with her next to me every morning. "Your Highness, where were you?" Simon approached the crowd. "You weren't in your room this morning." "Well, I knew you'd come to nag me and I felt like sleeping, so I slept somewhere else." Simon raised a brow. "And where would that be?" "I'm not going to tell you. You're just going to nag me awake from there." The brown haired man sighed. "As you wish, your Highness. Just don't decide to sleep in so often." "Yeah, yeah whatever." The ginger was flapping his hand up and down. 

  "Well well, look who's decided to show up." Everyone is the knights quarters turned their heads to look at Lumine. She gave a look to James. "How did you sleep, Lady Viatrix? It must be nice to have the royal families favor, huh." She rolled her eyes and walked to get a few papers. "Say whatever you want. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you over something I've already said." James crossed his arms. "You think you're a real hotshot. I wonder what kind of trick you used on the prince to make him act so nice to you. Perhaps you sed-"

  Before he could finish his sentence, a sword was drawn to his mouth. The blonde gave him a deep intense look. "I dare you to finish that. I have told you time and time again: the commander introduced us to each other as children." "Woah, put your sword down. No need to get violent about something trivial." ,another knight said. Lumine wasn't listening to him, she didn't want to. "Go ahead and make fun of me all you want. But keep his Highness out of that dirty mouth of yours. Have some honor as a knight and a man." 

  And with that she pulled her sword away and left. The knights were murmuring amongst themselves. James had his hands in fists and his jaw tight. "That bitch. I'll show her her place."