First day

Tw: anxiety attack, asthma attack

Saria woke up early to make Eric breakfast and pack his lunch for the day, and the door was unlocked when she got up. Eric's sleeping form was laying beside her in bed, and she flinched away from him when he let out a rather loud snore.

She slipped out of bed and made her way to the kitchen, where she whipped up some food for him, then hurried to the Marauder. She wondered if she was early, so she figured she'd walk slowly there.

When she arrived, Saria knocked on the door. She waited for a minute until Tech came to the door.

"Hello Saria!" He greeted her. "I must admit, I wasn't expecting you for a while. It's quite early in the morning."

"If it's a problem I can come back later," Saria signed, guilt filling her. "Did I wake you?"

"Not at all!" Tech assured her. "I always get up early, if I go to sleep at all. My intelligence makes it hard to sleep sometimes, with all these ideas filling my head."

He frowned when he noticed the bruise on her arm from Eric's grip yesterday. "What is that?"

"I bumped into something," Saria lied.

"Oh," Tech eyed the mark suspiciously. "If you say so."

He welcomed her inside and showed her some papers he had lying across the floor. "My apologies. I meant to clean up before you arrived."

"I'm sorry," Saria apologized.

"Don't be," Tech waved her concern away. "These are my ideas for the water source anyway. I wanted to show these to you."

Saria picked up a paper and examined it for a minute, while Tech patiently stood to the side, waiting for her to finish. Saria put it down and pulled out her datapad, where she showed him something she had written down.

"I had a similar idea," Saria explained, tracing her finger along the screen to demonstrate how the water would funnel. "We would have moisture drawn from the air with a vaporator, then the water would be put into a storage basin."

"This would certainly solve the problem," Tech nodded. "What about adding not one, but many vaporators to maximize the water drawn into the basin?"

Saria's eyes lit up. "That's a great idea Tech!"

"It was your idea, I just added to it," Tech reminded her.

So they starting drawing out blueprints, going through lots of paper and throwing the bad ones over their shoulders. They  were so caught up in their excitement for the project, they didn't even notice when Tech's brothers got up.

"Tech? Saria?" Wrecker asked as he rubbed his eyes. "What are ya doin'?"

"We have come up with an idea to provide water to the city, applying the usage of vaporators to draw the water in. While they do have moisture farms, this will provide plenty of hydration for the Tatioone people!" Tech excitedly rambled.

"Okay..." Wrecker just nodded along.

"Saria?" Hunter frowned as he stumbled upon them too. "How're your ribs healing?"

"Very well thank you," Saria beamed.

"No problem," Hunter grabbed a ration bar from a storage crate.

Crosshair got up too and didn't even blink an eye at them, he just joined Hunter for a breakfast ration bar.

"I think that should be good for today," Tech nodded, satisfied with their work.

"Okay," Saria agreed.

Wrecker tripped over air and crashed onto the floor, creating a loud sound. It didn't seem to bother anyone but Saria, so she started bouncing her leg up and down on the floor anxiously.

"Is something the matter Saria?" Tech questioned. "Your body language changed in seconds."

"I don't know," Saria admitted, biting the inside of her lip. "It's getting really hard to breathe."

"Everything is okay," Tech hesitantly patted her back.

"I know that, but I don't feel right," Saria starting tapping her leg faster, as if that would calm herself down faster.

"Breathe Saria," Tech softly said, pressing his fingers against her neck to check her pulse. "Breathe in and out."

"I can't," Saria started hyperventilating. "I can't take in enough air."

"You're okay," Tech assured her. "You are safe, this is an anxiety attack and it will pass, but you need to calm yourself."

"I can't!" Saria was having a very hard time breathing now, her asthma had been triggered.

She reached into her purse and pulled out her inhaler, using it with shaking hands.

"Saria," Tech said soothingly. "You are okay. It was a loud noise, but everyone is fine. You are fine. Just breathe in and out."

Saira gulped down air as best she could, while everyone watched, unsure of what to do.

"Can I hug you?" Saria nervously asked as she was still calming down.

"Of course," Tech answered and let himself be tightly squeezed.

He noticed her breathing was still ragged and wheezy so he started taking in deeper breaths himself, as because she was touching him, her body automatically started matching, calming down from her asthma and anxiety attack.

"Are you alright Saria?" Tech asked once she let go.

"Yes," Saria wiped the tears form her face that she hadn't even known she'd shed. "Sorry."

"Do not apologize. An anxiety attack is not something you can control," Tech smiled softly.

"Thank you Tech," Saira smiled as everyone else awkwardly shuffled out of the room.

Saria's comm beeped and the smiled faded from her face. "I need to go. Eric needs me."

"Who's Eric?" Tech asked.

"My boyfriend," Saria picked up her purse. "I'm sorry but I have to go home now. We'll continue work soon?"

"Alright," Tech agreed. "I will see you soon."

Saria is an anxious individual, due to all the stress factors in her life. I base her anxiety attacks on my own, so if her nervous habits are not similar to those of you own, that is because they are based on mine and everyone is different.

Sometimes my anxiety triggers as asthma attack, which makes it hard to do breathing exercises. This was based on one of those times.

That being said, I am not Saria, I am just using some of my nervous habits as her own, because those specific ones are what I know best, and I don't want to look up ones and have to base it off of what I google.

If you suffer from anxiety, please know that others suffer the same as you do, but you and your anxiety are unique and should be treated as such <3

Don't be afraid to ask for help, whether it be a helpline or just talking with someone you trust <3

In other news, I'm sick. That's why this was a short chapter, since my brain always goes really foggy and it's hard to concentrate when I'm sick.

And I'm on my period, so this is just so much fun*

*sarcasm