子供時代 - 一

the timeline for this chapter is the past :)

GIYUU POV

Kindergarten

I was 5 when I started kindergarten.

I didn't know what to do and how to make friends.

And when I try, they all decline and or just ignores me.

All kids ignored me. Except for this one girl.

"Hey, why are you crying?" — she asked.

"No one wants to be my friend..." — I answered her which she had a pity look.

"I'll be your friend then!" — she excitedly responded with her taking my hand.

"Why?" — I asked. "Dummy, you said no one wants to be your friend! No one wants to be my friend too so. Hehe!" — she chuckled.

"Oh. But you seem very friendly though..." — I wiped my tears away and stood up.

"Yeah I do but I haven't tried making friends. I'd rather have only 2-3 friends! They did ask me to be their friend but I declined!" — she explained and led me to her table.

"So what's your name?" — she excitedly asked me while sharing me her bento.

"Tomioka Giyuu... what's yours...?" — I asked back and accepted the food she was offering me.

"L/N Y/N! Isn't the onigiri delicious?! My older sister made it for me!" — she answered and smiled while eating a piece of onigiri.

I ate the onigiri and my eyes lit up. "It is delicious... your sister must be a great cooker then..." — I complimented her sister.

"Yeah! She is! She's the best sister to the whole world FOR me!" — she did an action while saying it. I giggled by her action and she smiled.

"I made you smile! Yehey!" — she cheered which made a lot of kids look to us. "I'm sorry for my loudness!" — she apologized with her smile on her face being glued.

My eyes widened and did a chuckle because of her extroverted attitude.

Grade 2

A lot of kids were making fun of me, teasing me, and picking on me. But Y/N was there for me. If she was there for me, then I am too.

"Hey you stupid bullies! Don't interfere to Giyuu-san ever again! Now scram before I tell you to the teacher!" — Y/N stood infront of me with her arm widened as a move of protecting me.

The bullies ran away as Y/N moved to see me. "Hey, you're crying again. I'm always here for you, don't worry." — she reassured me and wiped my tears.

"My older sister made onigiris again! Let's share it again. She made 5 onigiris too." — she grabbed my hand and led me to her table. Like what she did when we were kinder.

Grade 4

"Hah?! Your favorite food is salmon daikon?! Why didn't you tell me! My older sister can make that!" — she exclaimed with her jaw on the floor.

"I'm sorry then. But your sister's cooking is really delicious so I don't mind eating onigiris with you." — I replied while her jaw still on the floor.

"I feel betrayed..." — she pouted.

Grade 6

"Giyuu! I see you have new friends! What's their names?" — Y/N ran to me and slapped my bag which made me gasp a bit.

"Oh right. Sabito, Makomo, this is Y/N, my friend since kindergarten—" — I was cut off by her saying, "Best friend!" — she cut me off.

"Best friend since kindergarten. Y/N, this is Sabito and Makomo." — I introduced them.

"Hey! Nice meeting you!" — Sabito smiled at her and Makomo waved.

"Nice to meet you both too! How'd you meet Giyuu?" — she immediately asked them, looking jealous.

"We're group mates for a project. Urokodaki-sensei assigned us." — Makomo answered and Y/N nodded her head.

"Don't worry, you're still my best friend even if how many people I meet." — I whispered to her which made her fluster.

Y/N POV

Fine. I confess. I liked Giyuu. Since grade 2. But I don't confess. It may ruin the friendship. I don't want that. I don't want our closeness to be destroyed while we were making memories together.

And... he seemed like he doesn't have romantic interest to me... only platonic.

But it's a take it or leave it situation. I'd rather take it THAN leave it.

But let's see when we get older.

I seemed jealous earlier? Pfft. Nah. That was my normal face :).

感情 feelings.