CHAPTER ONE

KRISHA

KRISHA

I saw him walking, coming downstairs, passing the corridors of our huge acting institute but I stayed unbothered as I was sure Max was keeping an eye on me. I looked at her and gave her a suppressed smile, but this time she seemed like she was indulging in the magazine that she was holding. So bad, it has my cover on it, along with the man that I despise the most.

As he made his way and turned around the reception table, I quickly held the newspaper above my eyes, in front of my face, making sure I'm not about to make a confrontation with him, which can be highly dangerous as it eventually, all the time, leads us to draw blood of each other quite oh so obnoxiously.

He didn't seem to have noticed me and seemed like he was in a hurry. Why is he bunking his acting class though? Never mind, what do I have to do with it? But there's a saying that the person whom you hate the most is the most you are curious about, and you, heart, just listen, that you couldn't resist that.

"Hey, Maya, I want an early leave today. Please tell the director and the teachers that I won't be available for the rest of the day," he informed her.

"What happened? Any emergency?" She asked him with inquisitive yet questioning eyes, her being the strict and judging lady of our institute to whom every one of us should report about our schedules, arrival, leave, etc. all the time.

"Kritika's got a fever is an emergency for me," he said, winking at her. What a brat, can't even respect and be polite to a single soul!

Maya rolled her eyes as it was not something new for her. Karan is the most popular rising actor from our institute but has a poor attitude and bossy kink, unfortunately with a lot of talent, which is why he is still here, stagnant in his position. The only one to whom he is all soft and giggly, is his girlfriend, Kritika. She is so nice and the exact opposite of Karan's personality, and goodness she is a gorgeous woman! Even though Kritika manages to handle Karan's attitude well overall, I don't know how they end up together and are in a relationship.

He leaves the place and I manage to maintain my posture successfully. Maya comes to us and informs Max and me that our next class is already scheduled by camera director, John. There are separate sections and separate subjects to learn from when you are at the Stars Institute of Acting. There is the Direction section, Camera section, and Art Section. Max is in the Art section where people are junior artists and second-character actors. Then there are two major sections, The Actors section and The Stars section. The Actors section is the actors in making and doesn't do anything else, whereas The Stars section only has a few stars who are promoted from the actor's section and can act, sing, dance, perform, and are models. They are rising in the entertainment industry and work in mainstream movies, series, and albums from time to time. Karan, Kritika, Nihar, Gauri, and I are in this section.

We, from the stars section, have other classes to take as a compulsion from every other section too, plus perform other activities. We would be graduating from here exactly six months from now.