𝟬𝟬𝟯, pudding

Start from the beginning

riley let out breath then shoved the pudding into her mouth. she chewed and flapped her mouth, getting the taste before judging on it. her parents stared for her reaction and waited.

she finally looked back at them and nodded with a grin forming on her face, "yeah, it's good."

they all laughed and grabbed each pudding cup for themselves before making their way to the couch and continued watching tv.

NOW

it was now nighttime and carl was tying a knot to the door so nobody can break in or attack. rick began pushing the couch to the door for more securely.

"i tied the door shut."

"we don't need to take any chances." rick told him, continuing to push the furniture.

"you don't think it'll hold?" carl asked while looking back at his knot that he tied.

"carl." rick sternly says. riley sighs at the pair, tired at their bickering that she had to hear all day.

"it's a strong knot! clove hitch. shane taught me, remember him?" carl tilted his head at his father. an awkward silence filled the room while riley was confused on who 'shane' was.

"yeah, i remember him. i remember him everyday." answered rick, "there something else you want to say to me?"

carl stood there for a minute before getting out of the way and helping push the couch. rick was about to continue moving it but riley grabbed his shoulder, making him turn to her. "maybe you should let me do this. you're bruises are still bad and need to heal."

rick stared at the girl and soon nodded at her offer. "thank you." he sighed, "appreciate it."

she gave him a small smile and placed both her hands to the side of the couch as she helped carl push the sofa to block the door. after, they flipped it so they can still lay or sit on the soft cushion.

"this'll have to do for the night." rick told them. the girl nodded and watched the man walk inside the bathroom, closing the door. she sat on the couch as carl took the seat next to her.

"you should be more nicer to your dad." riley turned her head to look at carl, "he cares about you a lot."

"you don't understand, just mind your own business." carl scoffed while staring off at another direction.

"carl," she shifted in her spot and turned her body towards him. "your dad seems like a good person. all he's trying to do is look out for you." riley explained. "you should be lucky you have someone like that because not everyone does."

the boy sighed and looked at her. "let's just go to bed, riley. it's been a long day."

riley glanced down before scooting away and more in her corner of the couch. she rested her head on the arm resting and closed her eyes shut.