Chapter 52: Not everyone gets the chance to start over life

Start from the beginning

"And he said he doesn't want me anymore." Taehyung mocked with a sarcastic chuckle and turns his gaze back to the white curtains again. He took a deep sigh and exhaled slowly, feeling his chest slowly getting flimsier and the same 'nervous feelings'- that he used to get every time he was around Jungkook -bubbling up inside his stomach just from the thoughts of the said blonde head. Taehyung's lips stretch into a small fond smile as his gaze also became soft.

"Liar."

🥀

- One month later -

"Mr. Jeon!" Jackson called from the front porch of the law firm, later jogging towards the said guy when Jungkook stopped on his track and turn around to look at his assistant. "You forgot this file. You said you will study over it at your home." Jackson said, extending his hand to offer the file to his boss.

Jungkook raised both of his eyebrows in realization and then smiled foolishly. "I am so dumb these days. Thank you, Jack." The taller male thanked the other with a genuine smile and ruffled the other's naturally brunet hair before turning around to head towards his car.

Jackson smiled too, letting out a sigh of relief later. Over the past four years, Jungkook had a huge character development. After the words Jackson threw at him that day, Jungkook realized his anger issues and bad mouth is the biggest antagonist in his life, he appointed himself to a different therapist for his anger issues, and regardless to say, he's much calm and gentle now and Jackson couldn't be any happier. It's hundreds of times easier to work with Jungkook now, after all.

Flashing a final smile to his boss who was driving out of the gates of their law firm, Jackson also turned around to walk back inside the firm to finish off his remaining work. Anger issues or not, Jungkook is still strict when it comes to working. Especially,  when there's a case going on and he hates to lose.

Jungkook parked his car in front of the open parking lot of Taehyung's building. He hopped out of the car and made his way inside. Like every other day for the past four years, Jungkook never missed an opportunity to visit Taehyung's place and keep it neat as if the apartment Isn't almost abandoned because the owner going missing.

In no time, Jungkook was already in front of Taehyung's apartment. He typed in the passcode and the door ajar opened, he pushed himself in, shutting the door after. Jungkook let out a sigh after he stepped into the living room. The depressing abyss and emptiness of this apartment never seem to fade away even after four years. Pushing away his intrusive thoughts before he gets emotional again, Jungkook heads towards the stairs and climbed up.

The attorney walks into the bedroom. Taking a deep breath, Jungkook saunter towards the closet and slides open it. His gaze turns soft after coming to the view of Taehyung's clothes, they always do. He extended his hands to grab the sleeve of the button-up before guiding it to his nose, instantly tearing up when he didn’t get the masculine odor of Taehyung. It's been four years, of course, they will fade away even if Jungkook tries hard to hold them in.

But suddenly Jungkook stilled and knitted his eyebrows while his eyes were still closed with the sleeve held against his nose and the same familiar scent of Taehyung's hit his nostrils. Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, his heart suddenly picking up its pace as it beat abnormally inside his rib cage. Jungkook gulped and slowly began to spin his neck to the side to glance behind him.

The younger gasped out loud and harshly shoved the figure standing behind him with wide, terrified eyes. Jungkook himself stumbles backward and glued to the closet while placing a hand over his drumming chest.

"W-What the fuck?!" Jungkook shrieked. "Did it really take you four years to become a ghost and visit me?!" He then added while peering up at Taehyung who was gazing down at the younger through his soft orbs, as if he didn't just get pushed back by the horrified guy in front of him.