Chapter 48: Even if you die, I won't accept you again

Start from the beginning

Jungkook stopped smirking as his facial demeanor contorted into profound suddenly. He turned his gaze back to Taehyung again, gritting his teeth while his eyes bore holes through the older's skull.

He suddenly felt an odd kind of rage surging through his veins.

"Do you still have feelings for your husband?" Jungkook asked, voice dropping to an octave low.

Taehyung's face twisted into a deep grimace and he tilted his head to the side, showing his foremost confusion. "Ex-Husband." Taehyung corrected instead of raising a question about the actual question.

"I asked a question." Jungkook differed, head tilted up along with his eyebrows in a demanding manner.

Taehyung sighed deeply while slowly closing his eyes shut. He shook his head in disbelief because why was Jungkook still having doubts? Isn't it already obvious that he doesn't have a tad bit amount of feelings for Jimin anymore? If he had why would he even come back to Jungkook even after knowing Jimin has fallen for him? After realizing Jimin is ready to return his feelings.

He didn't stay with Jimin because even though Jimin is ready to return his feelings, those feelings don't even exist anymore from his side. So there's nothing to return. He could've easily dumped Jungkook and gotten back with Jimin after realizing the older has fallen for him. He could've started a new life. A new healthy married life with Jimin. That's what he always wanted anyway.

But he didn't.

Why? Because he is in love with the person sitting before him right now. He is in love with a certain blonde head who has never left his side even though Taehyung tried to walk out of his life several times. A certain attorney who is a little too selfish and doesn't let anyone take advantage of him but lets Taehyung 'use' him whenever the older one needed him the most.

Even though sometimes Jungkook's action crosses the limit. Sometimes his actions are unacceptable, still, Taehyung has learned to get used to them. Because he knows how Jungkook is. He knows his intention towards Taehyung is pristine but his ways of expressing them aren't that appealing. After all, no one is perfect. Everyone has some flaws and Taehyung is ready to take Jungkook with all his perfection and imperfection as long as Jungkook brings no harm to him and he will do the same too.

So, instead of answering Jungkook's question, Taehyung decided to reply with something else. Something he truly means with every fiber of his heart and mind. "I love you."

Yet again, Jungkook didn't react to Taehyung's confession. Instead, he hops off the stool and slowly began to make his way toward the elder. With every step, the heels of Jungkook's shoes were making a clicking sound into the awkward silence.

Taehyung looks down at the younger with a tender gaze when the said guy halts on his steps and stands in front of the slightly taller male. There was a few seconds of deadly silence lingering around them as the younger stares up at the older while fuming in anger, but he wasn't showing it from outside. Until, Jungkook whips his arm with full force, and his palm made direct contact with Taehyung's face.

The slap was so hard that it almost sends the older falling to the floor. The sound still echoed inside Taehyung's ear as his eyes enlarged from their usual size. His head was thrown back to the side as a handprint slowly appear over his cheek in a crimson hue.

Jungkook stretches his hand forward to open the front door of Taehyung's apartment. He didn't question why the front door was unlocked since Namjoon just walked out of the apartment.

The blonde head softly closed the door behind him and proceeds to make his way deeper inside the apartment. As he was walking deeper, his eyebrows crooked together into a frown when he heard some muffled noises, as if two people were having a conversation.