Chapter 41: An overgrown lie is trying to swallow me whole

Start from the beginning

"You know how the situation was, Jimin. We literally rush into this relationship—"

"And who was the one that rushed things?" Jimin deadpanned again causing the gray head to let out a sigh of defeat.

"I know I was the one who rushed into this relationship. But all I'm trying to say is because we rush into this relationship I couldn't properly break up with Jungkook. I didn't have the time." The man differed, thick brows curved together to prove his point.

"What bullshit!" Jimin scoffed at his lover's rationales. Finding it absolutely ridiculous.

"The boy was too much in love with me. It was hard for me to find a reason to break up with him but at the same time, I wanted to make you mine. So I just had to go with the flow. I just dated Jungkook for a month after we got into a relationship anyway. I didn't want to tell him I want to break up with him because of you, his best friend. He would've hated you—"

"He hates me now! He hates me anyway! He thinks I knew everything, that I knew you were cheating behind his back with me and I supported you! He hates me now and it's all because of you!" The silver head accused his lover while extending a finger at him and inflating his voice yet again. The tiny narrow veins were popping up from under the thick skin of his neck from the pressure he is putting on his vocal cords.

The grayhead has never seen his lover showing this much rage and hatred towards him. He has never seen Jimin this angry and frustrated over him. Which honestly surprised and scared him.

"You are the most narcissistic man I've ever seen in my entire life. Just because of some goddamn property papers you rushed our relationship." Jimin ranted as he took slow steps toward the taller male who remained frazzled on his spot. "For some fucking property share you told me to stay married to Taehyung even though I wanted a divorce from the very start. Because of your selfishness, my best friend hates me now," Jimin shoved his index finger onto the taller male's chest while he glares up at him. "Because of you I hurt Taehyung, treated him like absolute shit and you let me do it even though he is your fucking brother!" he yelled out the last part, the tears finally running down through his porcelain skin but his face remain infuriated.

Silence erupted the whole room, only the faint noise of Jimin's sniffles was the only source of sound remaining in the thick air while the smaller male still glares up at his lover. The gray head solely stares down at Jimin with guilt flashing through his features. What is he even supposed to say? Because he knows it's true that he never tried to stop Jimin from treating Taehyung, his own brother like this. He has always seen how miserable and depressed Taehyung was over his married life but all he did was act like a good brother only to sleep with Jimin later.

He never cared, all he cared about is himself and that goddamn property share.

"How could you be so cruel, Namjoon? How could you do something as low and horrendous as this to your own brother?" Jimin cried out, voice precarious and lips wobbling due to holding himself back from whaling his heart out. His cheeks and nose were tinted with a shade of peach red as tears continuously stream down from his angry red eyes.

"You know my reason." Namjoon let out thickly, his eyes also swelling up with unshed tears. "You know why I exactly did that." He then added in a breathy tone.

"Still doesn't give you justification for ruining three lives. Just because your father was unfair with you doesn't give you the right to ruin three fucking lives. You ruined Jungkook's, you ruined Taehyung's, and you were already ruining mine, and I let you!" Jimin snapped, his own voice was stuck in his throat and he felt like no matter how loud he wants to speak, his voice just won't come as piercing as he want them to.