Chapter 37: Not everyone deserves second chances

Start from the beginning

But oh well, seems like he thought too soon because as soon as he placed the suitcase on the living room carpet, Jimin also came out of their bedroom in a white rob, freshly showered.

Both of them widened their eyes as soon as their gazes landed on each other.

But what surprises Taehyung is the enormous smile taking over Jimin's pretty face and the guy immediately runs forward to Taehyung, throwing his slim arms around the taller male's neck and hugging him tightly.

If I say Taehyung was shocked would be an understatement. Because he was beyond petrified. His heart started to hammer in his chest at the proximity of skin against skin. His arms were still floating above the air while he stare at nothing as his naturally fierce foxy eyes turned round at the unexpected action.

After a few seconds, Taehyung's arms wrap around Jimin's petite waist. Not because he wanted it, but because he felt like he have to return the favor out of human tendency or else he will appear to be rude.

"I missed you, Taehyungie." Jimin's stifled voice resonated inside the younger's ears, muffled because his face was shoved into the broad chest of his taller husband.

Taehyung gulped and wander his eyes around the living room, he doesn't know why but he was feeling extremely awkward hugging the shorter male. He didn't even feel like touching him let alone hugging him, but again, he didn't want to be rude just because he wants separation from Jimin. After all, The shorter male still once used to be the closest person in his life, his best friend.

He can't just throw him away like he never felt anything toward him before.

Taehyung cleared his throat slightly before his chest vibrates when he started to speak. "Uhm, yeah. I—I missed you too." He mumbled, lips forming into a straight thin line. His arms barely wrapping around Jimin's frame, it's like, they were just. . .there.

The silver head frown and removed his face from Taehyung's chest to peer at the attractive face gazing down at him. They pulled away slowly, or more like, Jimin wanted to stay but Taehyung was pulling away until they were standing with a reasonable distance between them.

"Did you just land?" Jimin asked, Taehyung was confused for a second before it clicked to him what exactly his husband is talking about.

"Uh, yeah! Yeah, I just—just landed." Taehyung answered while he turn around to take his suitcase with him again.

"Okay, then. You must be hungry. I'll make a quick dinner for you till you freshen up." Jimin offered, biting his lips as his gaze never left Taehyung's frame who was busy pulling out the handle of the suitcase again so that he can whirl the heavy thing inside his bedroom.

Taehyung froze on his spot when he heard what the older just said. He looks up since he was bending a little to pull out the handle because it, somehow, got stuck. His thick eyebrows curved into a perfect wavy silhouette. Jimin is willing to make dinner for him?

What's gotten into him?

"Uh, I mean, sure?" Taehyung responded but it came out more like a question since he's unsure if Jimin was for real with his words. What if the silver head is just joking and leave him inside the apartment all alone?

But his inner thoughts were intruded when Jimin smiled brightly and jogged towards the kitchen to make dinner for his husband. Taehyung slowly straightens his posture while he peers at Jimin with an ambiguous gaze. But soon a hiss escaped through his gritted teeth when the handle of the suitcase suddenly pops out, hurting the tip of his nail in the process.

He licked his lips as he gaze down at the now red finger with his eyebrows curved downward in irritation, but the pain was long forgotten when his attention again went back to Jimin who already started to heat the pans to make the dinner.