Chapter 35: If you're confused between option A & B go for option C

Start from the beginning

"I believe you're someone who seeks solace and likes to do what alleviates your heart, isn't it father?" Taehyung asked as he finally got the courage to look up and peer at the man whose head was bowed down, eyes focused on the paper and hands dancing over the thin stationery.

"You're correct," The man responded.

"As your son, the same is for me too. But it's safe to say that, your son-in-law failed to bring comfort to me. He was suffocating your son rather." Taehyung finally confessed. He felt like a huge weight has been skidded off of his chest. All these years, he never told his parents how his and Jimin's relationship is going. They always acted like a healthy couple in front of them while behind the closed door, it was just Taehyung waiting for his husband to come back every night only to find himself sleeping on the cold sheet, all alone.

"But recently, I found someone who brings the solace, who brings the oasis, who brings the protection to me that I was expecting—craving from my husband." He then added, looking up again to peer at his father who was staring back at him now with furrowed brows.

Taehyung sighed and looks away from his father. If he really was confessing the secrets he has never shared with anyone, why not share the whole thing then? It's his father, after all, he needs to know. "I'm filing for a divorce, father. I can't do this anymore." He stated, looking at his father whose eyes expanded for a mild second before they came back to their usual size.

He let out a heavy sigh through his parted lips and nodded. Straightening his posture he stood up from the leather chair and walks back to his son before sitting beside him. "I thought you loved him? Then why now—"

"I did love him, father. I still do. It's just I've mistaken his kindness, his protectiveness, and the way he used to care for me for a blossoming feeling. I never knew he will change this much after getting married to me. I never knew he never loved me." Taehyung bites down on his bottom lip when he felt the huge lump forming inside his throat. He can already see his vision getting blurry.

"I love him, father but trust me, I don't want to stay with him anymore. I love him but at the same time, the way he behaves with me, the way he treats me, just makes it difficult for me to stay with him." At this point, he was pouring out the feelings and frustration he was capturing inside him all at once while his father listens to him in silence. Observing his son who was going through myriad kinds of emotions at the same time.

"Yes, I don't want to spend my impending days with him but at the same time, I still feel for him. It confuses me, I don't know why I still have those feelings for him when I don't even want to be with him anymore? It's—it's just so frustrating, so fucking frustrating that I wanna—I wanna end those incoherent sentiments by fucking killing myself." Mr. Kim just watched silently as his son was going through a mental breakdown right beside him. Taehyung bends down and clutched his hair tightly. Tears finally decided to roll down through his tanned skin. His bottom lips wobbled and his body trembled slightly.

"I'm even hurting him by still having feelings for my husband. I hate it, I hate it that I'm making him upset and disappointed when he was with me the whole time. But I don't want to lie to him either, father. I wanted to be honest with him about my feelings. But why doesn't he understand that feelings don't go away that easily? Why is everyone around me just pressuring me, it's almost getting unbearable for me." Taehyung was now solely crying. Louds sobs were continuously escaping with every sentence that he lets out. His shoulders shake as his hands still clutch his honey brown hair tightly.

After hiding his true sentiments from everyone, after bubbling up his frustration, anger, disappointment, loneliness, and recklessness of people toward him deep inside his heart, he couldn't help but break down in front of his father.