Chapter 32: Be my partner in crime & we'll write sins together

Start from the beginning

The line went deadly silent as the brunet bite down on his lower lip and waited for Jungkook's response patiently.

He heard a sigh before Jungkook's voice rang through the speaker, "What idea do you have?" Jungkook responded, mocking the word 'idea' as he speaks.

"Oh, c'mon. Don't mock me like that. I'm sure you'll like it." Sungwoo whined, noticing the line yet again went silent, which means the blonde head is urging him to speak.

"So the idea is, why don't you let me buy some hidden cameras? I mean, I'm a human and it's midnight right now. I can't always keep an eye on this place you know? So I thought if I hide some cameras here I can kill two birds with one stone." The guy deciphered his notion and waited patiently for the attorney's response.

"Killing two birds with one stone?" Jungkook rephrased instead, not quite getting what he meant by that.

"I meant even if I'm not available here, I can always check the cameras later, and even if the camera catches something, don't you want evidence? It's the easiest way to get some evidence don't you think. So it's killing two birds with one stone." Sungwoo smirked to himself, feeling proud of his little idea.

The line went completely silent yet again as if Jungkook was analyzing and giving some thoughts to it before he spoke up, "Do whatever you want as long as I get the evidence." Jungkook agreed which caused Sungwoo to smile brightly and do a little happy dance. But his smile fell and he froze when the latter said he was hanging up.

"Wait, wait, wait! What do you mean 'hanging up'? Mr. Jeon, I gave you the idea indeed but I don't have the fucking audacity to perform on it. I mean, sure I can set up the cameras but don't forget you hired a homeless and jobless jailbird like me. I'm not James Bond or Sherlock Holmes with a loaded bank." Sungwoo grumbled out his complaints with a heavy grimace, eyebrows curved together into a deep frown.

"Here I struggle to buy my own food let alone purchase those cameras. I'm not capable of it." He then let out in a small tone, looking down on the floor while his fingers fidget with the hem of his shirt.

"So annoying," He heard the lawyer grumbling out the words before rudely hanging up the phone. Sungwoo removed the phone from his ear and stare at the screen in disbelief.

"Did he—did he just hang up?" He let out in skepticism, lips slightly parted open as he couldn't believe the man just hang up the call over his face. The brunet rolled his eyes before shrugging, "Well, his loss if he doesn't want to execute on my idea—wait, if he does not conduct on my idea it's my loss because one, I have to work extra hard and two if I don't get any evidence he is going to shove me back into the jail again." Sungwoo talks to himself in horror as his eyes expand their size at the thought of going back to jail again.

"Ugh, Lord! Why did you throw me in a situation like this? Jail is painful but that gay attorney is not less than a jail—" he paused when he felt his phone vibrating over his palm and the notification sound popping up.

The guy furrowed his brows and peeks at the screen, widening his eyes promptly when he read the message that showed up on the lock screen.

Han Bank

Han Bank - KRW 629,410.00 credited from A/C# +82 2 *** 5749...read more.

Sungwoo gasped loudly and his eyes almost bulged out of his sockets when he read the amount Jungkook has sent to him.

"This is a lot of money for just some cheap cameras." He mumbled out in disbelief, eyes still roaming over the amount of money he received, reading it over and over again as if it was hard for him to speculate that his bank has $500 sitting there and he didn't even do anything yet.