Chapter 19: There is distance between us but I know you still yearn for me

Start from the beginning

"The court grants you two weeks to collect evidence. But for now, we have no choice but to release Mr. Gim since the court does not have any strong evidence to keep him under custody yet. The court is dismissed." The judge declared and dismissed the court as he hits the gavel against the round thick wooden surface.

Everyone stood up from their seat and bowed to the judge who also stood up from his seat to make his way out. Jungkook and Mr. Cho bowed at a 90° angle to show respect to their judge where the boy was literally jumping on his feet out of happiness because the court has permitted him to go back home.

"You were damn good, Mr. Jeon." The boy chimed as he steps down from the wooden box also known as the criminal court dock when Jungkook sauntered towards him. Mr. Gim, the father of the young boy also joined them.

"I agree, you are truly amazing. I just hope the case keep continues like this. Then we surely can win." Mr. Gim said as he placed his arm over his son's shoulder and squeezed it lightly.

"Well, as long as you keep the witness's mouth shut, the rest is my responsibility to free your son from this mess," Jungkook stated, looking up at Mr. Gim since the man is slightly taller than him.

"Oh, don't worry. You only focus on the case, I'll take care of the evidence."

🥀

"Take these files and store them inside my locker, they're very important," Jungkook instructed his assistant, Jackson, as the said guy nodded his head and took the files from his boss. Struggling a little to hold them altogether since he's already holding some other stuff in his hands.

Jungkook gazed down at Jackson weirdly who was having difficulties in holding everything together. The guy smiled sheepishly when he saw his boss sending weird looks towards him.

"I got this," Jackson reassure with a toothy awkward smile, still struggling.

"Hey, Jungkook." Jungkook's ears perked up and he turned around when heard a familiar high-pitched voice calling him from behind.

He saw Jimin slightly jogging towards him, his silver hairs that are nicely coagulated upward were bouncing slightly at the force of his steps since he was trotting forward.

"Hey, shorty." The blonde head greeted shortly after Jimin halted in front of his figure and stood before him.

"How are you and stop calling me shorty," Jimin asked about the younger's whereabouts before he slapped the said guy's biceps lightly after saying the last phrase. The blonde just ignored it.

"I'm amazing as always," Jungkook replied as he started to stroll forward, Jimin walking beside him too.

"How's the case going?" The silver head asked while glancing at Jungkook from time to time.

"I'm winning," Jungkook replied shortly but there was still a distinguished cockiness present through his tone of voice. He seems damn confident.

"The unbeatable Jeon, your confidence is at its peak." Jimin joked while slapping the palm of his hand against Jungkook's back with a little bit amount of force.

Jungkook just smirked like a solipsistic freak.

"Are you leaving?" Jimin asked which Jungkook replied with a nod. The younger lad between them two turned his head to glance at the older one before asking, "Why?"

Jimin stopped on his spot and grabbed Jungkook by his arm to stop him too.

"Actually, I need a small favor from you," Jimin asked awkwardly while he smiles like an idiot. His palm caressed the back of his neck.