Chapter 17: Nowadays, even eye witness isn't enough they wan' time travel

Začať od začiatku

Nevertheless, the younger really doesn't have any free time in his hands to play around right now. Jungkook has been working really hard throughout this whole week in the law firm. Taking the cases seriously and giving his absolute best to win every single of them.

He's working hard because after that incident, that day when he had canceled his first ever case here just for the sake of Taehyung, his reputation has been damaged badly. So he's giving his everything in these running cases of his to win every single of them and make a strong reputation not only around Gangnam but also the whole Seoul city.

He wants to achieve that nickname that his fellow colleagues and the citizens have given him back in the USA.

The unbeatable attorney.

He's currently on his way to a coffee shop to buy a strong shot of caffeine for him. He's been stressing out a lot these days because of a certain case.

There's this rich spoiled kid of a famous businessman who has 'accidentally' committed a homicide. Well, the crime is he had a lil fight with someone in the local bar and at the heat of the moment, he 'accidentally' shot that poor guy, knocking him out then and there.

And I'm sure you won't be surprised by knowing that Jungkook is actually paid to cover him up, the murderer. He's fighting for that rich spoiled kid and doing his best to get that kid out of this mess that he had created.

Well, in his defense, he didn't ask for it. He's being paid for that and as long as he's getting well paid for covering up that murderer, he'll defend that kid.

That's what lawyers are for. They don't really care about Justice, all matters to them is how good they're being getting paid for their work. And even if you find someone who actually roots for justice, then it is probably as rare as seeing the sun and moon crossing their paths.

But either way, Jungkook has been stressing a lot in this case. This case isn't closed yet because both attorneys didn't find any strong evidence to win yet. Whoever brings the strongest evidence, wins.

It's that simple.

But where on earth even Jungkook's going to find evidence that will save the kid from getting life imprisonment or even a death sentence? Because there's unsurprisingly none.

Well, seems like Jungkook has to make up something to save the kid.

Jungkook just had gotten out of the court after the judge declared another date for the next trial, giving them another week to find solid evidence. And as soon as he got out of the courtroom, he instantly made his way to the nearest coffee shop for some energy boost.

Jungkook pushed open the glass door of the coffee shop that was almost covered with posters. Posters of some jazz artists, it was kinda aesthetically pleasant to see if Jungkook's being honest.

After he pushed the door open, Jungkook stepped inside the coffee shop, the strong smell of beans immediately hitting his nostril. The blonde made his way towards the cashier, immediately gritted by a girl with jet back long hair, wearing a white shirt and her front is covered with a black apron, matching with a black skirt.

"Welcome to Cup o' Joe, sir. What would like to get for yourself?" The girl asked politely after she welcomed Jungkook with a humble bow.

"A latte, please. Make it strong." Jungkook ordered while he was about to take his wallet from his pants but stopped after hearing the girl.

"Of course, sir. But unfortunately, it will take 7-10 minutes for the order. So I prefer you to go and take one of the seats there while we make you your order." The girl said with an apologetic smile. Jungkook sighed and nodded his head.