Chapter 7: You broke my heart, I'll break your trust

Começar do início

He then pulls the leather chair slightly backward and sits on it before turning on his laptop and making a call to his assistant to pay him a visit.

After a few minutes, there was a knock on the door. "Come in," Taehyung responded which allowed his assistant to walk in.

"Good morning, sir," his assistant greeted him.

"Good morning, Min. A coffee please, as usual. Thank you," Taehyung requested all in once as he already started his work on the laptop. His fingers dancing over the keyboard effortlessly.

"Sure. Uh, also your brother is waiting for you for a while now. Should I send him in?" The assistant, also known as Min said with a monotonous tone.

Taehyung stopped whatever he was doing on his laptop and looks up at his assistant. "Brother? Which one?" He asked.

"It's NJ," Min replied.

"Oh. Sure, send him in, and don't forget to bring some coffee for him too," Taehyung gave his permission before going back to work again. Min nodded and bowed his head before turning around and leaving the office.

As soon as his assistant left the room, Taehyung dropped the pen that he was holding and facepalmed hardly. He pinched the skin between his eyebrows and groaned while mumbling something under his breath like, "Why do all the people in the world decided to visit me just today?! After I woke up I didn't even get the opportunity to spend some alone time with me and get a hold of myself. First, I had to deal with Jungkook, then Jimin, and now my brother."

"Don't blame me if I lash out on someone, fuck!" He grumbles to no one as he gets back to work again with a heavy frown visible through his attractive feature.

After a few minutes, there was another knock on the door. "Come in," Taehyung said without looking up, knowing it's his brother.

The door opened and a pair of black polished shoes stepped in. The person closed the door after they stepped inside and made their way towards Taehyung's desk.

"Hello, brother," A deep voice said which caused Taehyung to stop working, and he looks up. He didn't smile, there wasn't any change in his expression. He just blandly stares up at his brother because let's be real, who the fuck shows extra emotions when they see their siblings?

Taehyung pointed to the chair in front of his desk, silently telling his brother to have a seat which his brother accepted gladly.

"How was your one-day trip to America?" Taehyung asked while his eyes were glued to the files. His brother is an equally successful businessman as him.

Taehyung has two elder brothers. One is a businessman just like him, and the other one is a professional psychologist. His both elder brothers are unmarried where Taehyung is the only one who got married at a young age compared to his elder brothers. He got married when he was just 26 where his brothers who are both in their early 30s and are still unmarried.

"Oh, it was stressful. Going America then dealing with new faces and meetings and then coming back right after. All of this happened in the span of two days." His brother explained, his voice already sounds tired and lacing with weariness.

Taehyung sighed and drops the pen from between his slender fingers to the wooden desk as he looks up at his brother.

"Did you take a rest, Namjoon hyung?" He asked in concern.

"Yeah, I took enough rest. Don't worry." Taehyung's brother, now known as Namjoon replied as he flashed his younger brother a smile that caused his eyes to disappear and his cheeks to break into two dimples.

His ash grey hairs pulled backward, showing his godly forehead which was shining with the reflection of the lights.

At the same time, the door of the office room opened again and walked in Yoongi with a servant who was gently whirling forward a tray with two cups of coffee on it. The servant mixed the sugar after she asked Namjoon how much he wants. She didn't ask Taehyung as she already knows how her boss likes his coffee as it's her everyday routine to serve Taehyung his coffee.