K-Dream: A K-Pop Idol Story Part Two

Start from the beginning

I close the distance between us. "I was on my way to meet my friends, but then I saw you. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to talk to you again."

Her face contorts as if she's about to cry. "Am I dreaming?"

I hold back the urge to touch her arm. "You are dreaming...K-Dreaming." I really need to stop using these cheesy lines.

She wipes away her tears with the back of her hand. She lets out a soft laugh. "But...why me? You can have any girl you want."

I can't suppress the urge anymore. I reach out to touch her arm. She jumps back as if I shocked her with electricity. "I don't want just any ordinary girl." What the hell am I doing? My contract clearly states I'm not allowed to date. "Look...I'm not even supposed to be here. Please keep this between you and me."

"Of course. I'd never do anything that would jeopardize your career. But...you didn't answer my question. Why me?"

I press my palm against my forehead. "I honestly don't know. I'm curious as to why I feel this way about you. Please...give me time to figure it out."

She furrows her brow. It's adorable. "So you want me to be your science experiment?"

I wave my hands in front of her. "No...no...no." I hang my head. "I'm not good at this."

She rests her hand on my arm. I understand why she jumped back earlier. The sensation does, in fact, feel like electricity. 

"I'm only kidding, Kang Dae. But...I know how strict the rules are. You can't be seen like this with a fan."

I stare into her eyes. They're full of innocence. I know in my heart that I can trust her. "You leave that part to me." I pull my phone out of my pocket. I hand it to her after unlocking it. "Input your contact information. I have a twelve-hour choreography session tomorrow and filming the next day, but I'll text you whenever I get a break."

Her jaw drops as she takes my phone. She types in her information before handing it back to me.

"Can I take your picture?" I tap on the camera icon on my phone.
"Uh...sure." She tousles her hair before posing for the picture.
"Got it." I stare at her picture before saving it next to her name on my contact list. "Perfect."
She looks up at me with sadness in her eyes. "Are you really going to text me?"

I grab my chest in an attempt to stop the stabbing pain in my heart. The last thing I want to do is lie to her. I grab her arm. "Walk with me." We walk until the light from the station fades. We stop under a cherry blossom tree. I look around to make sure we're alone. I turn her so her back is against the tree. "(Y/N), I can't promise anything right now. I'm not in control of my own schedule. But...I want to leave you with one thing in case we never see each other again."

"I don't like that answer. And I don't need another photocard. Trust me...I have dozens."
I shake my head. "It's not another photocard."
A look of confusion crosses her face. "Then...what is it?"
"Shh. Close your eyes."

I rest my hands on her waist. She closes her eyes and I suddenly realize I have no idea what I'm doing. I place my lips next to her ear. "Can I kiss you?"

She sucks in a breath of air. "Y...yes."

Since when did I allow my heart to make decisions for me? I've never kissed anyone before so I have no idea what I'm doing. Not only that, I drank that damn iced coffee on the train. She's probably envisioned kissing me before. I'm going to ruin her fantasy by giving her a sloppy kiss that tastes like stale coffee.

There's no backing out now. She's waiting patiently for her kiss. My heart pounds against my chest as I trace her buttery-soft lips with my thumb. I close my eyes as I press my lips against hers. She doesn't move. I slowly glide my tongue across her lower lip. I pull away, swallowing hard. She still has her eyes closed, expecting more.