🌊 15

Jisung's detention finally ends today, it's the first day of October already and the air is chilly. Though end semester exam will be held next year they will have an important internal test in every subject before their trip to Jeju which will happen on the first week of November. All of them are busy preparing for their test, they also have enough on their plate from their own little club. During every recess or free period Seungmin drag the whole gang to the library. Felix don't really see the point because all Jisung, Changbin and Hyunjin did was sleep, Minho sometimes read, read weird story which is completely unrelated to his subjects.

One afternoon, Minho and Jisung were sitting alone in the library. They all went together but the others were wandering around. Both were sitting by the window which Jisung likes because they can see the backyard of a little forest, sometimes they caught a glimpse of some birds and squirrels. The fresh air from the window started to smell like winter, Minho is reminded of pumpkin pie which basically announced that his birthday is approaching, as he stared blankly out the window he spotted a squirrel, two squirrels, he was so excited and as he tried to call Jisung, he noticed that the boy seems to be dozing off already, lying on the table,his cheek pressed like it always does, endearing as always. Minho just chuckled and he opened his book trying to actually read the light-weighted book which titled "Animal farm". He tried to read but the letter made him feel almost sleepy, his eyes darted back to the sleeping figure next to him. He reached out for him, touch his ears, playing softly with his earlobes.
"Are you fast asleep Jisungie?" He mumbled quietly.
Jisung mind however was wide awake, he felt so soft, he don't want to wake up and disturb the calming silence with Minho.
He close his eyes still, Minho hand never leaving his side.
He heard another soft mumbling from him
"I'm in love with you, you heard me? I always have been. I love you" his honey like voice so soft, Jisung heart is beating like crazy, like as if he just climbed a 100 stairs. He never felt like this before, is he okay? His face is burning up too. He can't tell whether this is all in his dream or Minho really said that. He have to open his eyes, he have to see Minho looking at him while saying that, he did, he opened his eyes hoping to see Minho looking at him but he never did, his eyes were on the book though his hand is still on Jisung. Jisung just smile shortly, what did he expect really. It was just Minho reading out his book.

They have started with their internals and the group found out how unserious Jisung is with finals. He be doing Instagram live 3 hours straight all while having 3 viewers. He be debating about aliens with Felix. He be gardening with his Gramps in the evening which he is too lazy to do at other times. It's not that he is lazy in studies but every time exams or test comes around he is just too bored of studying. And now comes Saturday the 24th which means the very next day is Minho's birthday. The group didn't have any plan to meet up because next to Minho's big day is their last internal. Everyone is complaining that they do maths at the very last, but they have to take it seriously.
"Seriously? How did they make it look so easy at the cooking shows? And why is this salty?" That's Jisung questioning the taste of his cake. He tried to be the sweet guy who bakes cake for their best friend but things are going downhill. It is currently 11:25pm and he is cursing the life out of himself in the kitchen trying to bake a cake. He should be studying. After two unsuccessful cakes he gave up. First one burnt and the second one salty. But he took a photo of them before cleaning up just to proof himself that he is trying.
When he finished to clean all his messes it's already passed midnight. He went upstairs getting ready for bed and taking out his phone to text Minho.

Lee Minho👾

Happy birthday bro|
Happy birthday br|
Happy birthday|
Happy Birthday Minho|
Happy Birthday Min|

Happy Birthday

Thanks!
Have you studied anything today?

Well
Hahan't
Not really

You should

Excuse meee!?
I was busy okay

Busy doing what?
Like both of us know you
never clean your room

Baking and burning

What!?
You burnt yourself?

No!
No no

The kitchen!!??

Nooo what!? XD
The food you idiot!

Oh yeah most likely
Curious of what baby is
baking

"Noo not the pet name again" Jisung whined. It was fine before. There was no electric sparking in his stomach before but now it seems to affect him a LOT.

Okay promise not to laugh first

I promise
I swear

Well
I was trying to bake you a cake
A birthday cake

Look at my poor chocolate cake!!

Minho can't help but smile wildly at his phone. Jisung is way too adorable sometimes.

Aweee
The effort is enough Jisungie

(⁠T⁠T⁠)

Want to come over tommorow?
Maybe we could try a new one

Yes yes yes!

But we have to make sure
that you at least finish your
revision for the first two
chapters
Okay?

Okay
...

And no pouting at that

I AM NOTT!!

okay!
Now you sleep baby
And shower before you
come tomorrow
We don't welcome a stinky baby

Jisung laughed at his phone. "How is he rude and sweet at the same time?"

Without replying Jisung re-read their conversations with a big smile and proceed to fall asleep.