(26) date-night - virgil van dijk

"You look so beautiful wearing my clothes."

Virgil whispered in your ear, his hands gripping onto the frame of your front door, trapping you in between the small space of the wooden object and his solid body. There was no opportunity (or space) for you to make any quick movements, therefore, you could only move your head back so it was resting against his shoulder.

"I can imagine so. I mean, I did point this suit out for you in the first place." You said, shifting your head so he could easily be in your eyesight.

His head was already bent forward, lips hovering dangerously close to yours, as a small smirk rested on the corner of his mouth. "You know what would be even hotter..."

Leaving an open-mouthed kiss on your lips, he continued his sentence. "...having absolutely nothing on underneath the jacket."

Rolling your eyes, you chased after his mouth and captured them with your lips. The awkward position you were in did not give you any chance to do much more, but, this was all that you needed.

Tugging on his bottom lip as you parted ways, Virgil's eyes glossed over in lust as he stared down at your pink lips. They were shining - with saliva or the gloss you had on, he would never know - but what he did know was that you had never looked more desirable than you do now.

"You would like that, wouldn't you?" You whispered on his lips, so close were they to yours, and giggling when you saw your husband's enthusiastic nodding.

It was a magical night; Virgil had planned for a candle-lit dinner on the roof-top at one of your favourite restaurants, paying them extra to set up a portable projector so you could watch your favourite movie. 'Why go to the cinemas when it could come to you', was the exact words that he said to you as you cuddled each other, focus solely on the film. Then, you stretched your legs and took you to his favourite ice-cream place in Liverpool — mint-chocolate was your choice — settling down at one of the benches to talk about the previous week's troubles.

Okay, by many standards, it wouldn't be classified as a 'magical' night but just being able to spend time with him meant a lot. Considering that you were about to see much less of your husband, now that pre-season had begun, it was magical for you.

"I would, actually, I really would." He agreed.

"Stop it, you cheeky man, and open the door please. I've stood and walked enough in these shoes to feel the effects days from now." You whined, lifting your feet off the ground and showing him.

"Okay, okay, I'll open the door for you."

He picked the key to the front door and unlocked the mechanism, leaving the door open for you as he locked the car in the driveway.

Entering the passcode to the alarm system, you lightened up each room that you had walked in, starting with the kitchen as you grabbed a glass of water. Once the glass was empty, you left it in the sink and made your way to the living room where Virgil was.

"Do you think we should let Abigail know we're here?" Virgil asked, unclipping his cuff links and putting them in his pocket. He loosened his watch next and placed that on the table, in which he was leaning against.

"Let her rest for a while. She deserves the rest, university has her stressed a lot these days." You said, picking up the stray toys littering the floor.

"Do you remember your university days? It was so hard trying to set up a date with you because you were always so busy."

You laughed as you looked at Virgil, his arms crossed over his broadened chest and his legs folded over each other. "I thought you were ignoring me, at first."

"I was not. My God, how I wished to go on dates with you. Forget about studying, for once, and sneak around." You said.

"Our first date being a quick lunch before one of your final exams. It was crazy days back then."

"Yeah..." You said, a reminiscent chuckle floating out into the air. "...it was."

Virgil motioned you closer with his hands and you complied, grabbing them as he twirled you around so your back was facing his front. He swayed you, gently, from side-to-side as his chin comfortably made its way atop of your head.

A soft melody escaping his mouth as he hummed a familiar tune - your wedding song - and it caused you to smile at the love song. "Can't get it out of your head, huh?"

Virgil groaned as you laughed again, "Ever since we heard it on the drive back, it's been stuck in my head."

"If it were up to me, you would've heard it on repeat." You teased.

"No..." He yelled, in horror. "...that would spoil the song for me. Hearing it once in a while is what makes it that much special to me."

Virgil twirled you back around so you were face-to-face now, a small but please smile on his face. "It reminds me, dearly, of our wedding day."

You hummed, connecting your arms around his neck, the shoes hurting your feet but you didn't really care anymore. All you wanted was Virgil's lips on yours again, like earlier. It was so close to happening too when you heard the babysitter's voice at the top of the stairs.

"Mr and Mrs Van Dijk, is that you?"

Virgil had sighed and rested his forehead against yours, a tiny chuckle escaping your lips as you patted his suit and answered the sweet girl.

*******

There was a surprise for Virgil when he came home.

Not long after Abigail had disturbed your little spiel, Virgil had gathered his keys and insisted that he drove her home even though she, initially, refused. Knowing that she would not win, she refused the fee you gave her (the same as always) saying that the driving was payment enough. So, without her knowledge, you slipped the envelope into her bag and greeted the girl goodnight.

After checking on the kids and their sleeping forms, you were about to get into your pyjamas but then realised you and Virgil would have some free time.

Quickly, getting into the outfit, you sat with your (now) creamed legs crossed. Leaning back on your hands so his jacket stretched open and revealed the cleavage you had, you were pretty satisfied with your image.

"Y/N?" He called, and hearing him call from the side-door that led to the garage made you happy. Because, you knew once the cars were in the garage, he would turn in for the night and prepare for bed.

"Up here." You called back, nonchalantly.

Hearing his footsteps rush up the stairs made your heart beat even faster, excitement coursing through your body. It was a while before he joined you but that was only because he had the same idea as you - to check on the kids.

"Hey Y/N, I was thinking—"

He began but cut himself off, perceiving your position on the bed. His body stood rigid for a few seconds, eyes popping out of their sockets, as he seductively chuckled - the sound sending chills up your body.

"Never mind what I was thinking, I like what you were thinking." He said, walking towards you bending down in front of the bed.

Virgil loosened his tight bun and, quickly, throwing it up into a less restrictive style. He gently — hard enough to feel but not enough to create marks — trailed his hands down your exposed thighs, kissing them where the skin turns red.

"Do you mind?" He asked, laying his head atop your thighs as his hands circles your ankles.

"Nope, go for it."

It was all the confirmation he needed, before, opening your legs a bit and placing them over his shoulders. Boy, was it about to be a long but satisfying night for the both of you.