Chapter Thirty-One

Mary's POV:

After hear the rumor I heard about Guzel.... it angers me. Guzel decided to rest before her dinner with His Majesty. While she was resting I decided to go see the Valide. I walk into her room and see her playing with Murat while Bahadir and Gulizar play with each other. Haydar and Fadel must be sleeping, I look up at the Valide she motions me to sit next to her.

"Mary how are you?" She asks me.

"I am well my Valide. And yourself, how are you?" I ask.

"I am well too, how is Guzel?"

"Well, the walk in the garden went well in a way... His Majesty was with Hurrem getting the portrait done, he noticed Guzel and asked her to dine with him this evening under the stars."

"Oh that's wonderful news!" She says with such happiness.

"Then we went to the harem..." She could sense my hesitation.

"What happened in the harem?"

"A concubine said that a rumor was going around... it was told that Hurrem was saying that Guzel was sick. So sick that she wasn't going to make it. I'm sorry my Valide and I know it's not my place to say but she needs to be punished for this."

"Hurrem is becoming a bigger problem everyday. Don't worry I will deal with her if my son won't."

~Later that day~

Guzel's POV:

It's finally time for me to see His Majesty... after weeks of him ignoring me. So many thoughts are running through my head... does he love me still... is this the moment he's going to tell me he's marrying Hurrem. So many thoughts..... I try to push them out of my mind and focus on looking my best.

 I try to push them out of my mind and focus on looking my best

(Dress she is wearing)