Tom's perfectly straight nose had always rubbed me off the wrong way. It needed some work done, and I would happy to volunteer my services.

I just needed the confirmation that he was indeed a cheating prick.

"I'll call you later Tom, yeah?" Lia said. That was what I loved about her. Even though she really liked Tom, she was a loyal friend. She even waited until Tom left without a word until she moved my arm from around her shoulders and turned to me, hand on her hip.

"Alright, spill. This is more than your usual crap about Tom," she said, her dark eyes sharp. "What is it?"

"It's nothing. Really, I just..."

Ugh, what should I do? I didn't want to tell her yet. I didn't want to tell her at all. If it was up to me, I would rather she broke up with him right now without finding out about his cheating. I didn't want to see her heart break.

"She wants you to tutor her."

Lia and I looked at Stefan. He cleared his throat. "She's been having issues with Calculus," Stefan said, spitting words I had no idea where they'd come from. He usually hated being involved in stuff like this. But he was throwing me a lifeline while I was drowning, so I grabbed it with hands and teeth.

"Yeah!" I said. "I really, really need your help."

She frowned. "It can wait until tomorrow."

"It can't," I said. "Tomorrow, I have plans. Another plan."

"What plan? You always go to the gym on Saturdays. You can just skip the mornings so we can study-"

"I can't skip."

"Why?!"

I glanced at Hunter, who looked immensely amused watching Lia and I. "I have plans with Hunter," I said. "Jamison."

Lia blinked, looking between Hunter and I. "Hunter, huh?"

"Yep. He wanted to check the boxing gym I go to," I said. "So, you see. Tomorrow I'm not free. And Sam might come on Sunday so I want to spend some time home. So, tonight?"

Lia was looking at Hunter with a speculative expression. I knew that face. And I knew exactly what was going on in that big head of hers. But I would gladly let her believe Hunter and I had a thing going on if it meant deflecting her attention from Tom.

Hunter, to his credit, looked like we really did make that plan. His poker face was too good.

"Alright," she said, smiling deviously at me. "I'll help. It's been a while we haven't had a girls' night in anyway."

"Great!" I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and steered her away. "Let's go. Give your mom a call and tell her you're spending the night in my place."

Looking over my shoulder, I mouthed 'sorry' to Hunter. He just shrugged.

Saved.

But I had no idea how I would keep her from going to Tom's place tomorrow. I knew for a fact they hadn't done anything past making out, and I didn't want her to give him that part of herself now. I would just find a damn way. If it meant trying her up until Monday, I would do it.

*** **** ***

As usual, I drove us home in Lia's car. As soon as the car rolled out of the busy parking lot, she turned in her seat toward me. "So, Hunter huh?"

I kept my eyes on the road, but I could almost hear her eyebrows wiggling. I shook my head. "It's not like that."

"Uh-huh, sure. I didn't even know the guy's name is Hunter. No one calls him that. Except for you," she said. "I never knew you had a thing for bad boys."