Entry No. 35

I was back in Pheonix Drop. As soon as I had gotten there everyone was seemingly preparing to come back to the settlement. I made my way into town to see Rollo and Lello playing as per usual in the town square. I ran into Aphmau who was quite literally running about town.

"Aph?" I called.

"Sorry! There's just so much to figure out here and people coming back to the settlement. Yip and Zoey will be joining us," she explained.

"Really?" I asked. "Good."

"Alright, I should get going," Aph said.

"Run along, I'll be fine," I smiled.

She nodded and rushed off once again. I made my way into my old home. It had been some time now since I'd been back. I searched around to find some books of mine which I packaged up. I packed several boxes full of my assorted things.

"So you're bringing all of your texts?" Zoey asked.

"Zoey, it's nice to see you," I smiled and hugged her. "I've missed you."

"I know you're just trying to be nice-" she started.

"Zoey, I was being irrational. I was just jarred. I wanted to find another way, one with less sacrifice," I explained. "I said I missed you for a reason. I don't want to fight anymore. Plus, you're an amazing addition to the settlement. If it were my choice then we all would've stayed together. You're family."

She smiled and I hugged her once again.

"I'm sorry," I said.

Zoey was always there throughout the years. Because of how crazy life had become, I took advantage of the fact that we'd always be tied together and I got angry with her. I wanted everything to be normal, and I wanted her to be a part of that normal. I didn't want her to have to sacrifice her immortality to get us here, but she had. And now... I started to understand why the thought of losing her immortality wasn't that bad for her. I knew of her past, how she was banished, never to see her family. 

"Why don't I help you with those boxes? If we run into Dante I'm sure he and Yip would take them off our plate," she giggled.

I laughed alongside her. She was like a sister to me. She helped me raise our boys. We walked along the path back toward Lucinda's house and ran into Dante.

"Zoey! Y/n! Come on! You two are going to give me a heart-attack," he said, rushing over and taking a couple of boxes. 

We both giggled and he walked us the rest of the way to the portal. I set the boxes down in Lucinda's house.

"I'll come back for these. Right now, I just want to see Malachi and Levin," I said.

They both nodded and Yip came up as I left. I made my way back to Levin and Malachi's home. Inside they sat in the livingroom going over the changes made today in the village.

"Mom!" Malachi said and got up to hug me. 

I hugged him tightly, "I'm so happy I can come to see my boys as much as I want now."

Levin made his way into the hug and we stood there for a moment.

"Thank you both for giving us a hand," I said.

"Of course, we're family," Levin said.

"You need to fix up a town in order for us to come visit anyways," Malachi noted.

We all laughed. I didn't have to have a final goodbye. Instead, I could come back every day if I wanted to and check in on everyone. 

"Don't think that this portal connection means that you have to do your daily check-ups for two villages now," Malachi warned, pulling out of the hug.

"You can seriously read my mind," I said in awe.

We laughed once again and I looked over at the table they were working near, plies of paperwork stacked up.

"I should leave you two to work on maintaining the village," I said.

I hugged them both once more before leaving. The most shocking thing appeared when I walked up to see Nicole.

"Nicole?" I questioned.

"Y/n! Great!" she said and held my hands. "I'm sending Dmitri with you all to the settlement."

"WHAT?" I questioned.

"I need to take of a lot of things in Scaleswind. Things are tough and... I would just rather Dmitri learn with you how to handle a village. He is Scaleswind's future after all," she explained. "I know it sounds crazy, but I think it's better for him."

I took a deep breath, "Okay. I'll make sure I set up a home large enough for us. And I'll make sure he's put to work."

"I know you will," she smiled.

We hugged each other close. 

"Thank you," she said softly.

"It's alright. It might be good to have a little one around anyway." I pulled away to look her in the eye, "When is he coming?"

"Later this week," she explained.

"I'll make sure things are ready," I said.

"I should get back to Scaleswind," she said sorrowfully.

"Go. I'll visit with Dmitri when I can," I smiled.

We hugged once more and she left off to Scaleswind. I grabbed a few boxes and headed back through the portal to our unnamed settlement. It felt like we were back at square one all over again. It made me think of how things were when we first arrived in Pheonix Drop.  I found an area nearby to the initial homes, but still far enough off. I placed myself on top of a small hill. I started to build my new home. It took me a little while to decide on how to make it this time. I thought of the house in my realm as inspiration.

After about two days of work, the house's exterior was finished up

After about two days of work, the house's exterior was finished up. I had to make sure it was large enough for myself, Dmitri, Levin, Malachi, and even Vylad and Zoey if they had wanted. And there was enough room for Laurance and Travis if they had wanted too. Well.. Maybe I didn't HAVE to, but I did. I wanted a large home for my family to live in if they had wanted. I made my way back to the campsite to find Vylad there holding a few of my boxes. 

"Ready to move into that large house of yours?" he asked.

"I just wanted to make enough room for everyone," I explained, grabbing a couple of boxes.

He laughed at me and we made our way up to the house.