003

[𝗡𝗮𝗺𝗲] 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱

[𝗡𝗮𝗺𝗲] 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱. It was apparent.

Even the almighty creator of breaths said so himself. Tamayo heard it just a few steps away. How the Hanafuda-clad male muttered how kind the demon was. Even Muzan. She often heard [Name] getting yelled at by the man. How the ruby-eyed man pulled the hairs from the side of [Name]'s face and pulled him along with it. Yelling about how he should think of himself first before others.

The blind man's eyes would water yet his face would plaster a smile and a look of devotion. Tamayo could recognize that look anywhere. A look of love.

In fact, that's how her husband looked at her, and how she looked at him. Tamayo's heart broke for [Name]. It's true that she found herself befuddled when the corner of Muzan's lips would perk up when [Name] talked about something he was interested in, but Muzan is violent. She could understand the demon lord's trouble with the [Hair Colour]. In fact, she thought too that he was too kind, but she would never pull his hair until his scalp was red and make him cry waterfalls.

[Name] would always be a bit disheveled or bloody whenever she saw him back then. His eyes, oh his milky looking [Eye Colour] would meet hers, yet he never did flinch at her hard glare. He would use the walls for support, finger's always passing the female demon. It was when she first witnessed this did she deduct in her mind that [Name] isn't an ordinary demon.

Tamayo wondered maybe that's why Kibutsuji would look at him with envy before it would change to one of hidden fondness. Did the demon lord envy him? Was that why his cheek held a semblance to a hand? Was that why one of [Name]'s milky eyes would be ripped away when the Kibutsuji found it fit? Did it justify the tears the [Hair Colour] would spend after each painful beating?

But no matter the abuse, [Name] stayed.

Whenever she would ask him, he would say such romanticized sentences with such a carefree look. If she hadn't known better, she would've assumed he was a character in a Western novel.

Tamayo's eyes looked downcast as she read a book, Yushiro, the newly turned demon in the room with her.

Her fingers stopped at a sentence.

"Nitimur in vetitum."

The sentence perfectly described [Name]. He tries reaching for the impossible. Muzan would never settle down unless he achieves his goal.

She shuts the book.

[Name] clicked his toungue as his head slowly regenerated. He isn't at all violent, though the way his now sharp fingers twitched showed signs of aggression. All he could focus on was the ringing of the temari and nothing else.

"[Name]!" Tamayo's sounded she was underwater for a moment. Her voice was followed by the boy, Kamado Tanjiro. "Yushiro-san!" And a splat.

The peace had become a bloodbath.

Damnit.

He didn't know if his eyes were open or closed, but he felt something closing in on him fast. The bottom skin of his eye twitching like skin being electrocuted.

Before he knew it, he was rushing towards the two other demons, attempting to shield them. [Name] had always put others before him.

Before Yoriichi, Kibutsuji Muzan would never dare lay a hand against [Name] unless he really was irritated

But after meeting Yoriichi, he started beating him more. Only after the creator of breaths died, did Kibutsuji Muzan's beatings became minimal.

Had difficulty writing this chapter lmao. I can't make MC kill the two demons (he can easily do so if he it guided.) Because if he did, it would betray all his hard work and devotion towards Muzan. And I can't let him just sit there, so I opted for him to try and shield. In the future he would get a bit bolder.

Since this is set in a period where queerness isn't really approved unless you are a prostitute, (even then they're shamed) there will be homophobia.

​​​​​