Christmas (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Safe House
3:37 pm

All 4 were seated around a round table.

"So, including letters, emails, and texts from a blocked phone, we have received ten threats. How many people have you put away that might want you dead?" Jake interrogated, standing up and looking at Holt.

"I've arrested over 600 people" Holt answered,  looking up at Jake.

"Brag. Boyle, will you please read the transcripts of the threats he's received?" Then asked to Charles.

"Yup. 'die, die, die. Die, Holt, die.'" Charles read from a computer.

"Okay, a little obvious" Jake muttered.

"No, really?" Y/n said sarcastically, not looking at his face.

"Could you stop-" Jake was about to answer, turning to Y/n but Boyle cut them off, "you will drown in your own blood".

"Better. Although I would've gone with the whole, 'I'm gonna staple my face onto your face' thing" the idiot admitted.

"Human skin mask. Classic. The next one is 'I'm gonna send you off the deep end'" Boyle read with a bewildered face.

"'drowning' and 'deep end'. Almost sounds like he's talking about a swimming pool" Jake investigated.

"Or it could be a mermaid" Y/n teased him, with a smirk.

Jake sighed "stop i-" but Holt cut him off with a yell "it's Haimes".

"Aha! Who's Haimes?" Jake asked, confused.

"Colin Haimes, the freestyle killer. He took out an entire 4x100 meter relay swim team in 1982".

"The freestyle killer. Man! How come all the killers you've caught had such cool names? The best name I ever brought in was 'narrow shoes' Sam, because--" he started to explain but Ray continued, "his shoes were narrow and his name was Sam. I get it".

"Yeah, you get it".

"And the fact that he had a limp doesn't mean he was easy to catch," Y/n added, Boyle glared at her to shut her up.

"Well, captain, it looks like you needed our help after all. Together, we figured out it was Haimes, and together, we're gonna take him down. Because together, we can do anything. Here we go!" Jake tried to cheer them, starting a wave with the shoulders.

"I'm finding Haimes alone" Holt stopped it, trying to explain his intentions.

"Coming back at you, Jake!" Boyle tried to continue the wave.
_____________________________

The plan to take a picture of Rosa smiling continued.

"Oh, my god, Rosa! I accidentally opened your mail, but look what it says. 'Dear miss diaz, you just won--' " Amy started but was interrupted by Gina who apparently didn't understand the plan.

"Rosa, guess what. I accidentally opened your mail-" Gina continued.

"No, I'm reading the letter, and you're taking the picture" Amy whispered to her.

"It's not my fault! Y/n should have taken the picture, but she left to see her boyfriend-" Gina whispered/yelled.

"What? You were trying to get me to smile for your dumb picture, but you messed up?" Rosa smiled.

"Ah! She smiled. She's smiling! And no one has a camera..." Amy sighed.

Scully came over with his phone and took a picture of Amy "got it, Amy. Got a picture of you frowning. That's what you wanted, right?".
_____________________________