𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘚𝘐𝘟

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to ask Raina out," Haru spoke, his voice void of all humour and K felt his world freeze, he didn't look at Haru, he didn't move. Only sitting there in stunned silence, Haru watched his friend, gauging his reaction only to see him still, with no words of apprehension. Haru's brows furrowed in frustration and he stood up, throwing his hands up in disbelief.

"Seriously? Not even that will get a reaction from you? Not even a firm 'stay away from my girl?!" Haru exclaimed exasperatingly. K looked up with a look of confusion on his face at his friend's reaction to his own lack of one.

"I know I can be oblivious and it takes me a while to notice things but I like to think I'm not oblivious when it comes to you!" Haru continued on his tangent, pacing in front of K, who was now more confused than ever.

"Haru-"

"I mean even a blind man could sense it! why you never said anything to me is beyond me!"

"Haru!" K yelled causing the other man to stop pacing and look at K who stood up with furrowed brows.

"What the hell are you going on about!?" K exclaimed, Haru gave him a pointed look and once again threw his hands in the air.

"You and Raina! That's what I'm on about!" He answered and K looked at him with wide eyes.

"What?" Haru let out a huffed laugh and shook his head.

"Drop the act K. Raina is the girl you fell in love with back in Korea," Haru stated, K stood there silently before bowing his head, and softly nodded, confirming Haru's words.

"How do you know?" K asked and Haru scoffed, glaring at the man.

"Well I wish I could say my best friend told me himself but no. After the Amusement Park, I went home and looked more into her and the group, I got curious, and it led me to a survival show... The very same one you were on. As I watched it, everything clicked. Why you seem so close to people who I thought were strangers, why you can never stop your gaze from following her."Haru explained in one breath and K could only continue to stand in silence, Haru's shoulders slumped and he looked at K with a hint of betrayal and hurt in his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me? Did you think you couldn't trust me? That I would intentionally try and pull something-"

"No!" K instantly exclaimed, cutting off Haru's words. Never in a million years did K ever think that, ever since coming back to Japan all those years ago, Haru had been nothing but a bright light in K's life, one he would be forever grateful to have.

"God, Haru, no. That's not why at all." K breathed out, walking closer to his best friend who simply looked at him.

"Then why? If I had not found out about you two, and I continued to pursue Raina, would you have said anything then?" Haru questioned firmly causing K to sigh heavily, running in hand through his hair.

"I never told you her name because I wanted to forget, although I never could, I wanted to try. I wanted to forget how majorly I messed up, and when we met again I realised that I didn't want to run anymore, I didn't want to forget, I just wanted her back, wanted to be by her side again, I don't want to let her go. But then I learnt how much I had actually damaged her and that I may have very well missed my chance with her...So I thought that if there was any other person that could make her smile, you could." K explained softly, his voice wavering ever so slightly.

"You're the biggest fucken idiot I have the privilege of knowing, you know that right?" Haru chuckled after they stood in silence for a minute.

"You let me blatantly fawn and crush over the woman you love just because you think you don't have a chance when in reality, you're the only choice?" Haru rhetorically questioned, laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. K looked at him in confusion, not knowing how to react or answer.

"Huh?" Haru bellowed a laugh at K's stunned and confused expression.

"I thought I was supposed to be the oblivious idiot in this friendship." He muttered, rolling his eyes before walking up to K and placing both hands firmly on the man's shoulders.

"You're the only choice for Raina, K. You look at her as if she made the ground you walk on like you'd bend the knee if she asked you to. And Raina, she looks at you like she's seeing the Northern lights for the first time like she's looking at something so wonderful and breathtaking. I have never seen someone look at another the way you two do." K let out a breathless laugh and shook his head, Haru's words hitting his heart.

"It's not that simple Haru. I wish it was but it's not." K argued weakly, Haru shook his head in defiance.

"It can be if you just talk to her and tell her." Haru argued back but K huffed heavily and softly shrugged Haru's hands off his shoulders.

"I have! I've told her I'm still in love with her, everyone knows I am. I've been trying. She won't listen." Haru stubbornly stared at his best friend.

"Then keep trying, try harder. You say you don't want to let her go, well then don't." Haru firmly voiced. K sighed and nodded after a few seconds of silence, causing Haru to smile slightly and he patted K's shoulder.

"I really am sorry I kept it from you Haru. I never meant to make you feel like I didn't trust you, I do trust you, more than you know." K apologised, Haru continued to smile before it faded.

"Good, because if I catch you keeping something from me or lying to me ever again, I'm going to break your legs." He threatened, K felt relief seep into his veins, the last thing he ever wanted was the lose Haru. After a second, K let a small smirk grace his lips as he looked at the brown-haired man in front of him.

"Can't break my legs if you can't catch me." K teased and raced out the room, Haru's yelling following him seconds after as he raced after him, their laughter filling the building halls.