𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

Start from the beginning

"Spider."

"Spider? Who names a sky-person spider? And what is a spider?"

Lo'ak laughed out loud at her questions and he threw himself back onto the Tulkun's back with a small huff.

.ೃ࿐

"My dad's a huge douchebag. I know when we come back he's going to yell and yell." Lo'ak held onto the Tulkuns fin as it swam across the ocean and Kxari sat on top of its head.

"Douchebag? You have very creative names for people. But why do you say that?"

"He's just like that in general. Always hard on me and then goes and babies Neteyam. Like sheesh, just say Neteyam is your favorite."

Kxari only nodded. "I know where you're coming from. But not exactly at the same time. You are very impulsive. Like a child trying to dive into the shallow ends of the water."

Lo'ak expected to be comforted but hearing this made him slightly angry. As he was going to speak, Kxari cut him off.

"But that doesn't mean your father hates you when scolds you. He's just looking out for you. I truly don't know what he says but the way you're reacting he doesn't say many nice things. Your father will say things that will hurt you but he won't mean it. He's just trying to keep you and your family safe. But I don't know. I don't know your family. I don't know anything, to be honest. Just an observation."

Lo'ak hated to admit she was right. Not even saying anything back to her he merely nodded. But he was amazed at how observant she was. Looking over at her she was only staring forward. To him, it seemed like no thoughts crossed her mind.

.ೃ࿐

"What about your family? I mean I've been saying shit about mine and I haven't let you say anything."

Lo'ak fiddled with one of Kxari's knives. Earlier he thought it would be cool to play a game called 'sword fighting.' Her knives were bigger than his own so he thought it was a good idea.

"I mean my moms dead. My dad's a deadbeat who only wants me to train every day. He probably even wants me training in my sleep. My sister's cool but can be a real ass sometimes. Always busy so we don't hang out like we used to."

Lo'ak looked up from the knife he was playing with. "Oh. Sounds pretty shitty."

"Tell me 'bout it."

"What about friends? You got any?"

"No."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Lo'ak felt pity for the Metkayina girl. But he wasn't really surprised she was reserved and a bit rude sometimes too. But that's just her. Lo'ak held a fist up to her.

"What? Are you going to punch me now?"

Lo'ak laughed loudly and shook his head. "Nah. This is what Sky people do. It's called a 'fist bump.' Just clench your fists and bump them together. Kinda in the name."

Kxari reached her fist up to Lo'ak and bumped it into his fist. "Let's be friends."

Her hand hung in the air but soon fell and her jaw did too. Her agape mouth soon formed into a huge smile. "Sure. My first friend."

Lo'ak's smile matched hers when her sentence reached his ears.

.ೃ࿐

"So you're like a warrior or what?"

Kxari and Lo'ak reached up to the sea's surface gasping for breath. Using their arms and legs they tread in the water making sure they stayed afloat. "No really. I need to finish the final part of my iknimaya. Then I'm rightfully a warrior."

"Oh. What do you gotta do for your final part?"

"Ronal will hide like some sort of rare stone and then she will bind my eyes. Then my tulkun will try to find it."

"What's the whole point in that?"

"To have trust in your Tulkun. That is all to know that You and your Tulkun are loyal to each other."

.ೃ࿐

"You drowned, bro." The foreign word rolled out of Kxaris tongue horrible which she cringed back in distaste, swearing to never use the word again.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I had to revive you. Are you feeling lightheaded or anything?"

"No. But holy shit, I drowned."

Kxari reached her hand up and placed it on Lo'aks forehead to feel any signs of sickness. Then dropped it examining his body that was littered with scratches. "You're hurt."

"You are too!"

Kxari only shook her head at his claim and kept examining his body.

﹌﹌