Chapter 13

Mai's POV

I think Naru's sick or something. I mean... he invited us to dinner after our last case and said that he would pay all of it. The creepiest part was when after he invited us, he looked at me and smiled a sincere smile!

I am currently in the van with Naru, Lin, and Rosy. I was bored looking around me, until I jumped out of surprise as I saw Rosy looking directly at me with a huge grin on her face.

"W-what?" I asked, scared by her possible thoughts.

"Nothing." Her grin widened.

'What is up with this girl today?'

'Oh nothing, I just happen to know some information you don't know.'

'Rosy! Stay out of my mind! And what information are you speaking of?'

'Well, since you want me out of your mind, I'll leave. Bye!'

"Rosy! Tell me!" I shouted, and immediately covered my mouth as I remembered we were still in the van.

"Mai, don't yell. I believe Rosy is capable of hearing you perfectly without your yelling. Are you so dumb not to notice that?" Naru smirked.

"You jerk!" I mumbled.

I saw as Rosy's face was completely red as she tried to hold her laugh, only to fail miserably.

I have one thing to say: her laugh is the creepiest I have ever heard. It had hints of crazy, mischievousness, childishness, and plain carelessness.

"Rosy, you're giving me a headache. Stop laughing." Naru stated.

"Oh! Come on, Naru. I bet you would sit all day listening to Mai's laugh, feeling butterflies in your stomach and wishing she would laugh all the way into your arms." She winked.

"Rosy!" Both Naru and I yelled. I actually think I saw his cheeks with a dust of pink on them. Maybe it was my imagination.

Another burst of laughter erupted from both Rosy and Lin. 'I can't believe that even Lin is laughing!'

Naru's POV

'Whatever.'

'Love you, big brother!' I saw as Rosy was looking at me, still red from her laughter.

'If this is your way of expressing love, then I pity Erick.'

She grinned and looked at Mai, then at me again and winked.

'Stupid.'

Mai's POV

I saw as Rosy looked at me then at Naru. They seem to have a mental conversation. It kind of made me feel... weird. I shook off this feeling and proceeded to try to speak with Naru.

"So, Naru. Where are we going for dinner?"

"We're going to the Tanaka Palace."

I gulped. "Isn't that place expensive?"

"Yes."

'I can't go there looking like this!' I told Rosy telepathically.

"Hey, Naru. Can we stop by my place a moment? That way Mai and I can wear something better."

"Alright."

We stopped in front of Rosy's and Erick's house. I have been here before but I always get lost in thought as I look around, because the house is really beautiful.

Rosy and I went inside. Both of us got changed into some of Rosy's short dresses, put on some simple makeup and hurried to get to the van.

Rosy's POV