Aisha felt a pang in her chest. What was happening in her life? What turn had she taken? What was going on? Can she leave Mommy while she didn't know where she was and live with a completely new family? They knew nothing about her, they only knew her hours ago. Can she take the risk? "Yes, Mama. Thank you so much. May Allah bless you abundantly."

And it was a wrap. She watched as Nasir took a turn and he started driving to Tafawa Balewa. She watched as he made a halt in front of a huge humungous gate and the gateman opened it for them. She watched as Nasir and Mama got off the car before they motioned for her to get out too. She felt as her right leg marched on the marbled floor and she felt a wave of chilled our that made her shivered. She had a new home now, a new family. Did Mommy deserve what she did to her?

"Let's go in, Aisha. Walk slowly," Mama said and she held Aisha's shoulders and guided her to the entrance door. For the second time, Aisha turned and she had her eyes merged with Nasir's, as he flashed her a quick and soft smile.

They entered the living room and Aisha got amazed at what she saw. It was luxurious. Mama asked her to sit down on one of the lush and luxury sofas before she disappeared to where Aisha thought was the kitchen, because she came out holding a tray with a chilled drink and water.

"You have to take your medicines first, Aisha." And she made sure Aisha had swallowed all the medicines Nasir prescribed for her before she looked at her with a smile.

"My name is Hajia Maryama. And my Husband's name is Alhaji Tijjani. I have a daughter, she's married in Katsina with a boy; Sudais. Her name is Nana Firdausi, but we call her Firdausi. Abba is older than Firdausi then Nasir. He's the last born, and you can call him a Mama's boy." She laughed, and Aisha chuckled as well.

"This is the little about my family. I now live alone, whenever Alhaji is not around I always call Nasir to chat away with. I don't have a maid, I cook for myself and clean my home. That's all about my family, Aisha." Mama smiled warmly and stood up, she walked to the kitchen and came back again.

"I'll now show you to your room, I hope you won't mind, Firdausi used it before she got married," Mama said and took Aisha's hand in hers, Aisha could only smile, but the tsunami of thoughts that was rummaging in her heart was all about Mommy and Mommy alone.

She loved the room at first glance, and she instantly missed her old room. "I love it, Mama. Jazakillahu bil Jannah." She said with a beautiful smile on her lips.

"I'll let you rest before it's time for salat, then I'll come back to wake you up for lunch." As soon as she said that, she walked out of the room. Mama knew Baba would soon be back and she was so anxious and afraid of that. She brought Aisha home without his knowledge and she wasn't sure how he would take it.

***

Mommy was seated on her bed, crying her eyes out. She had been calling Aisha for all she could remember. Before she came back home yesterday, she thought Aisha wasn't picking her calls because of the exams, and when her phone got switched off, she thought she ran out of battery life. But the moment she came back home and found it empty, she felt a certain sinking in the depth of her stomach, something was surely not okay. Something had happened, but she couldn't point out what it was.

That night she went to all the places she had never visited with Aisha, but for the sake of searching, she did. But Aisha was nowhere to be found. This morning, as early as 7 am she went to ATBU but she got the same story. The main gate guards said they saw when she drove off the school, and someone mentioned he saw her driving while she cried.

That got Mommy up the creek, and she was certain where ever Aisha was, Jaafar knew. As she sat on her bed crying her eyes out while she felt a certain tightness on her chest as she waited for her best friend, Halima to come. She rushed to side drawer and pulled out her diary. She began writing while painful tears were dripping non stop on the paper. "How can you leave me, Humaira? I can't lose you too. You all can't leave me alone in this cold and painful world."