"Oh sorry, I'm Safiyya Abbas Hamza. Let's go and rest before it's time for the second lecture." Safiyya said and she held Aisha's hand as they descended the staircases.

They sat in a hut and all Aisha did was stared at how students were walking around. Some were laughing, some were smiling, while some had their faces neutral. She smiled at herself, she was finally a university student.

"Aisha, make sure you come early next week. Malam Jaafar said he's going to conduct a test, and it will serve as a qualification for exams sitting," Safiyya informed, smiling at Aisha.

"I don't get you, Safiyya. What qualification again? Are we in secondary school?"

Safiyya laughed before she answered Aisha, "No we're not, but every lecturer has his ways, Aisha. What he means is that, if you write the test next week, that's the only way you can be let into the exams hall when it's time." Aisha only nodded her head, planning how she was going to spend her Sunday to be able to wake up early on Monday.

The time for the next lecture came and they walked in together. Aisha enjoyed the class before it was finally over and they all dispersed. She had collected the note from Safiyya and promised to return it tomorrow Insha Allah. She went back home and did all she was used to before she cooked her lunch. Cooking lunch or even dinner with Mommy is a waste of foodstuffs. Because Mommy had never seen this house during the daytime. She always went out in the morning and came back some minutes to midnight when she had already filled her stomach.

She ate her lunch, slept for some hours before she woke up and started copying her note. That day, Aisha cried to Mommy while telling her what happened at school and how humiliated she felt. All Mommy could do was to consoled her, because she had no words to say. University lecturers were known for that. She prayed her Aisha would be safe.

The week was stressful for Aisha, she was going to and fro between school and home. She had still not got used to the school and was only coping. Thanks for having Safiyya around. There was never a dull moment with her. Even though Aisha was afraid of any interaction with people, she got along with Safiyya. She was such a nice lady.

It was Sunday night already, and Aisha had never felt as anxious as she did. She slept as early as 9:30 pm and texted Mommy that she should use her keys when she was back. Mommy wasn't back until after midnight, and she checked up on Aisha before she went to her room and did as she was used to; washed away her sins using her tears.

As early as 6:30 am, Aisha woke up. She had her bathe and got ready before it was even 7 am. She made a quick breakfast and left a note for Mommy in the kitchen as she walked out of the house. She rushed to the roadside, praying she will see a tricycle or even a machine to take her to school. She knew how finding any public transport in their area was hard, so she kept trekking down the road. With the hope of seeing anyone on her way.

She nearly cried at 7:34 am, and she had already trekked to the high way. She found a tricycle there and was so glad. She begged him to drive fast, that she had a class to attend by 8 am on the dot. They met traffic on their way, and Aisha felt the urge to cry her eyes out. Of all the efforts she made, they were trying to prove futile. She got to the hall at 8:01 am.

Smiling at herself, she pushed the door and found him already writing on the board. Is this man even human? Nonetheless, she walked inside but before she passed the first roll, he called her.

"Hey! Miss, I'm sensible. Get out of my class." She opened her mouth to speak when he thundered, "Now!" Pointing at the door for her.

She looked at the board and read what he wrote 'Test' was boldly written by him. Aisha let her tears flow freely, she tried begging him but it was to no avail. She silently had to walk out of the hall. But today, instead of her to get lost in her pool of thoughts, she cried to her satisfaction before she picked up her phone and dialled Mommy's number.