Chapter 1: Unfinished Symphony

Verse 1:

In the quiet of the night, we're strangers again,

Walking down separate lanes, where do I begin?

Your laughter still echoes, trapped in these four walls,

Another love has left, and I'm left with its toll.

Chorus:

So, here's to heartbreak, the sorrow and the ache,

To the nights I've lost, the dreams you've taken away.

With every departing lover, I shed a tear,

But the melody carries on, though you're no longer here.

Verse 2:

I've painted you in colours, of love, of joy, of pain, 

But the canvas has faded, all that remains is the stain. 

You've left with the dawn, my heart in your hands, 

Another love story, buried in the sands.

As the last note of their closing song lingered in the air, the stage lights started to dim, drowning the stage in all-consuming darkness. Sana stood still for a moment, bathing in the audience's euphoric applause and the adrenaline that came with it. The raw energy and passion of their indie rock music were intoxicating. It was a rush that made her feel more alive than anything else, and it was a feeling she craved relentlessly.

Stepping off the stage, her heart was still beating to the rhythm of 'The Unfinished Love Song', the band's so-called breakup anthem. As the roar of the crowd began to fade into a distant echo, her eyes found Jungkook leaning nonchalantly against the rough brick wall of the backstage corridor. His fingers were absently plucking at the strings of his guitar still slung over his shoulder, playing a silent song only he could hear.

The low light of the hallway cast shadows along his tattooed arm, making the inked patterns stand out starkly against his skin. There was a certain allure to him, the charming guitarist who wore his heart on his sleeve and loved her from a distance. Every strum of his guitar, every smile he tossed her way, had been an unsaid confession of his feelings, feelings she had been too blind to see.

"You were brilliant tonight, Sana," he said, pushing off the wall to close the distance between them. His voice was low, the undertone of his usual playfulness replaced by a gentle sincerity. Jungkook had always had this ability to wear his cool exterior like a well-fitted suit, but his eyes were a different story. They held an affectionate warmth, a sentiment exclusively reserved for her.

"Only because I had your riffs backing me up, Kookie," she shot back, nudging him playfully with her shoulder. She flashed him a grin, a silent thank you for his constant support.

Jungkook mirrored her smile, his dimples making a brief appearance before disappearing behind his cool facade again. The simple contact of her shoulder brushing against his tattooed arm was a sensation he was all too familiar with. It was something so habitual, so inherently them that neither of them gave it a second thought.

However, for Jungkook, every touch, every shared glance, and every moment spent in her company was a constant reminder of the feelings he harboured for her. The feelings he had been suppressing, fearing that they would disturb the harmony they had built over the years.

Their friendship had always been filled with these simple moments of comfortable closeness. It was these very moments that had made Jungkook fall in love with Sana. But tonight, as he looked at her under the dim backstage lights, her face flushed from the performance, and her eyes shining with passion, he knew that his hidden feelings wouldn't remain hidden for much longer.